The Patriot Periodical
Volume 18 ~ 4.28.16
Fabulous TOY dinner! Thank you to Dan, Kim and Bobby for attending. What an honor for each of you to be nominated :)
Woo hoo Mr. Lindner and Ms. Gallupe, you survived another year at Fairview. Special thanks to Ms. Frushour for covering here in the building while the 5th graders were gone!
Ms. Brown for an awesome job at the DI state tourney!
Mr. Lindner & Mr. Beaver for a fabulous Rubick's time!
HUGE TY to all of our teachers who have supported our after clubs this year ! The students and families love this!
National School Admin. Week
County 24 Game Tournament
Our 24 game winners will be competing next Thursday evening at HCC! Please wish them all luck.
Fairview for next year!
From Darlene Reid @ Fairview!
Please forward this information to your classroom teachers to request day trips for Outdoor School at Fairview for the 2016-2017 school year
Teachers: Please see the instructions at the bottom of the form for submission; upon completion your principal must send the request to me, via email, no later than September 30, 2016. A confirmation will be sent to you after the request has been processed. Please remember that spring and fall dates fill up very quickly, dates are first come, first serve.
Spring Book Disposal
From the Maintenance and Operations Dept.
We are currently planning our old book disposal and pick-up at all schools. We would like to perform this bi-yearly, once in late spring and once in early fall. The books would be picked-up by Maintenance and Operations Dept. and taken to Book Savers for disposal.
If you have any books that you will be sending, please request the box from Bob or Sam. Once your boxes are full please contact Bob or Tina so that we can move these boxes to a secure area for pick-up. This should be finished by May 18th!
Summer PD for Science
The summer workshop registration closes on Saturday, April 30th. As of Wednesday, April 27th, the following teachers from PVE registered for the Content Collaboration Workshop in July:
There are still open slots for grades K, Grade 1 Grade 3, Grade 4, and Grade 5 if you have any interested teachers. Please consider registering for this PD if your schedule permits. Feel free to contact Tara directly :)
National Nutrition Employee Week May 2-6
•Dan ~ Announce School Nutrition Employee Week (May 2-6, 2016) and School Lunch Hero Day (May 6, 2016) on the morning announcements. Let's ask the students to be sure to thank all of the cafe workers each day during the week.
TEACHERS, please consider doing the following:
• Make signs, banners or posters to decorate your cafeteria and to promote the work your staff does. Feature photos of the employees and a short description of why they are special.
• Send a thoughtful greeting from the class (card, poster, picture...).
• Post special notes in the cafeteria for everyone to read.
Or, be as creative as you want. Please just take a moment to recognize our very important workers!
MARK YOU CALENDAR
SIT & Faculty Meeting - May 23rd
Tech Talk - May 9th (macbook distribution - focus)
COLLABORATIVE PLANNING - May 12th AT PVE - Joni Burkhart will be here. Please make ever effort to attend!
Collaborative Curriculum Brainstorming With SBS
Thursday, May 12th, 3pm
Pleasant Valley Elementary School, Knoxville, MD, United States
NOTE: Please sign up in the lounge (list on the fridge) to bring a green treat to this PD!
Please join us at PVE in the library for collaborative curriculum brainstorming at SBE!
To register for the PD, teachers will need to do the following. This is how we will take attendance and teachers will get paid. Here are the directions:
1. On the employee portal go to WCPS Professional Development
2. Once there go to WCPS Professional Learning
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Link to ERO"
4. Enter your ID# 5________ and PIN (this is the same number teachers use with the substitute system)
5. Accept the Terms and Conditions
6. Go to course catalog
7. Once there click on "View Schedule Calendar"
8. Once the calendar appears, click on Feb. 11
9. This will take them to all of the courses available on the 11th. Click view on "Sharpsburg/Pleasant Valley Collaborative Planning"
10. Click on register--they will be registered automatically.