Our Sunday School Class
Where we love the sinner, hate the sin, and seek His kingdom
Reminder of the Week!
You're not a clunker...God doesn't make junk.
Humor of the Week!
Too funny! How many of us have said this to our kiddos?
Thought of the week.
Prayer Requests Dec. 2, 2012
- Melissa - pray for her mother as she recovers from surgery; pray for good test results this week
- Dave - continued healing of the toe
- Emily - things are moving toward Chris starting Greenville Tech in January, still need housing to work out
- Kim - shoulder pain; Joe needs a job; traveling the next two months
- Tammy - brother-in-law, Reggie Hopkins, pastor at Calvary, having back surgery on Monday followed by 7 days of confinement on his back; Tammy's uncle Phillip King passed away this morning.
- David Sloan - leukemia
- Carman- unspoken
Notes From Today's Lesson (my version...feel free to disagree or correct me)
Looking at aviation charts. These charts may be a little useful but not very useful because they contain a lot of markings, etc. that need interpretation.
Understanding the society at the time, historical narrative makes more sense. The context is important in historical narrative. Historical narrative describes what happened...not prescribes what you should do.
Proverbs 22:6; train up a child...this is a principle , not a promise
Wisdom literature...proverbs are general principles...not legal rules that apply 100% of the time. Examples can be negative or positive.
Sorry the notes are slack today....my mind is elsewhere.
Sunday School Christmas Party
Saturday, Dec. 8th 2012 at 6pm
at the Austins 1216 Old Coach Lane (near intersection of Hwy 5 and Meadow Lakes Rd.)
The Season of Hope
Spread some hope this season. Give yourself to someone in need.
Spread the Joy
Be intentional this week...be bold and tell someone you meet "Merry Christmas!"
'Tis the Season
Spend time with loved ones. Keep it simple. Laugh. Love. Appreciate. Don't get lost in busy-ness.