AMMS Lions Roar
"Recognize the Roar"
Monday, September 14, 2020
Mr. Trey Martin, Principal
Dr. Mimi Gamel, 7th Grade Assistant Principal
Ms. Laurie Chans, 6th Grade Assistant Principal
PHASE III BEGINS MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 21ST
Phase III starts next week. During this Phase, students may attend school face-to-face one day per week according to their last name. This Phase is OPTIONAL. Please adhere to the following days:
- September 21 and every Monday in Phase III – Households A-E (Group 1)
- September 22 and every Tuesday in Phase III – Households F-K (Group 2)
- September 23 and every Wednesday in Phase III – No students at AMMS. Universal Remote Learning for all.
- September 24 and every Thursday in Phase III – Households L-P (Group 3)
- September 25 and every Friday in Phase III – Households Q-Z (Group 4)
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON ATTENDANCE
All notes should include the following:
- First name
- Last Name
- Date(s) and period(s) they are out
- Grade level
Please also include a Dr. Note whenever possible. These can be scanned or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 470-254-7630.
Attendance will be adjusted within 24 to 48 hours.
Join The PTA!
Girls Who Code Club
Girls Who Code – Starts September 18th!
The AMMS Girls Who Code Club is a sisterhood of supportive peers and role models and use Computer Science to change the world. When you join this Club, you will be able to learn from fun and simple online coding tutorials, build community through interactive activities, and learn about inspiring role models. You then work in teams to design and build a Girls Who Code Project that solves real world problems you care about through code! Whether you’re a beginner or a computer master, you’re invited to join the movement! This club is open to girls in grades 6th – 8th. To join, fill out this Microsoft Form
We will meet virtually the 2nd and 4th Friday of the month.
AMMS Reading Bowl
AMMS Reading Bowl – Starts September 16th!
Reading Bowl Club is for students who love to read! Students will read the middle grades Georgia Book Award Nominees for 2020-2021. We will practice quizzing each other and discussing the books during meetings. In January, the AMMS Reading Bowl members will compete against other Fulton County Middle Schools in the Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl. This club is open to all students in grades 6th-8th. To join, fill out this Microsoft Form:
Student Library Advisory Board
Student Library Advisory Board – Applications Due by September 25th
Do you want to make a difference and offer your voice in the library and in our school community? We will meet monthly to plan library programs, our library renovation, and purchasing new books/resources. The AMMS Student Library Advisory Board's goal is to promote library services for our students by:
*advising, planning, and implementing library programs
*creating book reviews for the library newsletter, website, or LNN
*promoting ideas, reading, programming, and expression by and for your classmates by creating bulletin boards and/or displays
*recommending books, ebooks, and audiobooks for the library collection
*creating an inviting, positive learning environment in the library
Why should you join our student advisory board?
* having a say in materials and programs for teens
* opportunity to be creative and expressive through art and imaginative activities
* personal satisfaction in serving your community and peers
* something creative and fun to do
* community service looks good on college applications and job applications
Students must apply to be considered and will be accepted based on the application and teacher recommendations. This club is open to all 6th – 8th graders. Application link:
AMMS Clubs and After School Enrichment Programs
Any student interested in joining or trying out for a club or after school enrichment program, should check the Autrey Mill website (under Activities) for a list of clubs offered, a brief description, meeting dates, time and virtual or room location.
Most clubs will start in September unless otherwise noted.
Any questions, please contact the club sponsor.
Adjusted FCS Year 2020-2021 Calendar
6th Grade Laurie Chans, Chansl@fultonschools.org
7th Grade Dr. Mimi Gamel, email@example.com
8th Grade Anita Erickson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Fulton County's Student Code of Conduct
Parents, did you know each year parents and students are expected to review Code of Conduct issued by our district? A copy is available on the District Website which can be accessed using the link below. If you would like a paper copy, you may pick one up from AMMS. Please complete and return the form within the link to Acknowledge Receipt of the electronic version of the 20-21 handbook.
This is a requirement of Fulton County. It ensures we all understand the behavioral expectations as outlined by our district.
- The publicity release is now located in the FERPA section of the code. Parents, you are only required to “opt out” if that is your preference. If you are choosing to “opt out”, the process is the same as last year - which states that written documentation MUST be submitted to the school. Email Carman Anderson at Andersonc76@fultonschools.org for questions.
Our goal is to have 100% of our families signed off on the code of conduct by September 30th!
We can do this! Thanks for your support!