Mayde Creek HS Choir
upcoming dates and important information
Singing Valentines auditions are January 30th & 31st during class!
All choir students can audition a love song in English or in Spanish. The song must be appropriate and cannot be a break up song. Auditions will be without a track - students may play an instrument or have someone in their choir class period play for them.
The auditioned portion of the song should be 30 sec-1 min.
This year we will have a virtual valentine delivery as well! More specifics to come.
UIL Solo and Ensemble
UIL Solo and Ensemble is an opportunity for any choir student to learn and compete with a solo. If you receive a score of 1 out of 5, you will receive a medal.
The solo will be chosen by Mr. Walker or Ms. Shine.
Details for the contest:
- Fee: $37 to participate ($12 to enter the contest and $25 to pay the accompanist who plays for them) DUE January 18th - Pay online with the link above
- Date: February 18th
- Time: Schedule - link below
- Location: Mayde Creek High School
- Men's social - Feb 3rd (Game Night in the Choir Room!)
- JV Pre-UIL Concert at Morton Ranch HS - March 7th at 7 pm (4th, 5th, and 6th per. ONLY)
- JV UIL Contest - March 27th & 28th (4th, 5th, and 6th per. ONLY)
- Varsity Pre-UIL Concert at MCHS - March 30th at 7 pm (3rd per ONLY)
- Varsity UIL Contest - April 11th & 12th (3rd per ONLY)
- Follies Pop Show Auditions (School wide auditions) - April 17th & 18th from 3-5 pm in the Choir Room
- Taking Notes Show Choir Auditions - May 3rd from 3-5 pm in the Choir Room
- Senior Social!
- Follies Pop Show MANDATORY Dress Rehearsal - May 10th from 3-7 pm (All Choirs)
- Follies Pop Show Performances - May 11th & 12th at 7 pm
Kantori required Monday Night Rehearsals this semester from 6-8 pm:
- January 9th
- January 16th
- January 30th
- February 6th
- February 13th
- February 20th
- February 27th
- March 6th
- March 20th
- March 27th
- April 3rd
- April 10th
- April 17th
- April 24th
- May 1st
- May 8th
- May 15th