GLA West Connections
Wednesday, August 28th
GLA...When They See Us
SEPTEMBER CALENDAR AVAILABLE!
CLICK BELOW TO DOWNLOAD SEPTEMBER CALENDAR
Pledging is NOW OPEN for the GLA West Fun Run! Head over to FunRun.com to create an account to register your scholar.
GLA WEST GOALS
100% of families get pledges from sponsors
5 pledges per scholar
$15,000 for GLA’s Travel Fund for Global Excursions
If the school reaches the entire goal, we will have Dr. Booker and Principal Tyler be scholars for a day.
The academy that raises the most money will have an Academy Party.
The class that raises the most money in each academy will receive a dress down day and movie time.
The top 2 scholars in the school that raise the most money will have the opportunity to be CEO and Principal for a day, and have lunch with Dr. Booker and Principal Tyler.
A Pledgebook was sent home home on August 26th with more information. Don’t forget to save the Fun Run Date—September 5th—on your calendar. You’re invited to come out and cheer on our scholars!
The easiest way to help us reach our goals is through our easy SHARE feature on funrun.com.
- Make a Student Star video to share with Facebook Friends
- Copy and paste the email template and then send to family, friends, and local businesses
- Go to funrun.com from your mobile device, click share, and send texts to friends and family
EVERY PLEDGE COUNTS. THANK YOU!
- MORNING ARRIVAL: The earliest time for scholar drop off is 7:15am. All 1-8th grade scholars enter through the community room doors and Kindergarten enters through the main doors.
- 1PM DISMISSALS: Wednesday 1pm dismissals begin in the month of September (every Wednesday is an early dismissal)
- UNIFORMS: All scholars are expected to be in full GLA uniform by 9/19.
- IMMUNIZATIONS PAST DUE: All GLA scholars are required to have up to date immunizations. A letter was sent home today with scholars who are non-compliant with their immunizations. Please check your scholar's book bag for the letter. The letter states that if immunization records are not turned in by September 19th, your scholar will be excluded from school.
- MEDICATION: Medication can only be turned in directly to Nurse Fuller (extension 3030). Medication should not be sent to school with scholars or given to teachers. If the nurse is not available, medication cannot be received. Instructions for medication administration can be found in the welcome packet that was sent home with scholars on Monday.
PBIS and LiveSchool
Scholars are explicitly being taught lessons regarding what we expect of them as a scholar at GLA. This approach to supporting is also a positive one. Scholars are acknowledged for exhibiting the behaviors that we expect by receiving LiveSchool points, which they can redeem weekly for various in-class incentives.
This week you will receive your access code to log on to LiveSchool and register to access your scholar's points daily. Go to parent.liveschoolinc.com to register, and be sure to download the LiveSchool Parent app!
Back to School Night
Tuesday, Sep. 10th, 6-8pm
4601 West Girard Avenue
Come meet your child's teacher, learn about our instructional program and more! This is an adult only event. Childcare will be provided for $2.00 per child.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
OFFICIAL SCHOOL HOURS
Full Days: 8:00 am-3:30 pm
Half Days: 8:00 am -1:00 pm