learn all about the Ring Topology
What is a ring topology
In a Ring Topology, all of the computers are connected in a circle/ring shape. The information goes from one computer to another until it reaches the designated computer. The Ring Topology is also known as the Ring Network.
This is a picture of a simple Ring Topology with only Computers in it.
This picture shows a more complicated Ring Topology. It has Monitors, a Laptop and a Computer.
- It's fairly simple because all of the data is going in the same direction.
- Extra computers can be added easily without data collisions.
- If one of the computers is turned off, the whole network wont work.
- If a cable breaks, the whole topology will crash.
- If there is a problem, it will be very hard to identify.