Semester Exams Starting Monday, December 14th.
- Exams will be virtual except for students who are contacted by their teacher to test on campus. We will select students to attend in person if it is agreed that in person testing would benefit the child.
- Students have a completion window for their exams. We are using exams to show semester mastery. Please ensure your child(ren) is logged into Schoology and completing their exams all week.
- If your child is struggling, this is an essential opportunity to get support and back on track, receive credit, and positively move towards 2nd semester.
Special Note: Wednesday, December 16, 2020
1. produce a parent note to the attendance office to leave campus.
2. report to the cafeteria to complete work they are missing or report to a teacher to make up an exam or complete work. Students who complete work with a teacher will need to be released to the cafeteria or they can be released to a parent through the attendance office.
Also, continue to reach out to teachers, counselors, and administration for support, questions, concerns, and celebrations.
Important Attendance Information
Your child can have no more than 8 absences in order to gain full credit. Regardless if a student earns a 70 or higher, he/she will not earn credit if they have more than 8 absences in the class. Please take a look at this video and guide to check your child’s attendance. Contact your child’s teacher for more information or questions about absences in that class.
Here is a quick video showing how to check grades and attendance in HAC.
If your child currently has an iPad and is needing to switch it out with a Chromebook, please go to the Marshall website and fill out this form:
If the student is an in-person student, we can switch out the device on campus. If the student is virtual, Marshall staff will contact you via email to set up a date/time when you plan on coming to pick up the device.
3rd Nine-Weeks Start (refer to the letter attached)
Check email regularly for updates from school. If you need to update your email, please contact Andrea.Alaniz@nisd.net.