The Westside Wonder
Westside Parent Newsletter
November 16, 2020
Westside teachers will meet the needs of each individual in a student-centered classroom by:
Encouraging a growth mindset
Maintaining high expectations through a hands-on, engaging rigorous curriculum for ALL students
Providing a safe, positive, and loving environment
Creating independent thinkers
Instruction at Westside!
- If you have any transportation changes, please make sure that you let Ms. Donna know by 2:40. This helps ensure that she has enough time to alert teachers of the changes.
- Students will need to complete 1 literacy, 1 math, & 1 science assignment on our blended day, Monday, November 23rd through Google Classroom! Each child will need to complete assignments before they return from Thanksgiving break to count as attendance for the blended learning day.
- Remember! The car rider line is a cell phone free zone!
- When you drop your children off in the morning please make sure you are pulling all the way up to the car in front of you! Since you are screening your children at home you may give us a thumbs up and then your child may exit the car. They do not have to wait for a staff member to open the door for them! Hopefully, this will speed up our drop off. Car rider drop if will begin at 7:25.
- Instruction begins at 7:40 and the tardy bell rings at 7:50. If you arrive past 7:50, please walk your child to the doors so you can sign them into the office.
- 3-5 parents, your child is provided with 3 masks by the district! We are noticing that some bus riders are forgetting to bring their masks each day! Please remind your child to bring a mask for bus riders!
- Parents will be able to come eat lunch with their child at our outdoor picnic area.
- Please head over to our website to sign up for E-Notes. This will allow you to receive the weekly parent newsletter by email.
November 16th- Progress Reports
November 23rd- Blended Learning ( no students on campus)
November 24-27th- Thanksgiving Break
December 1-4th- ACT Aspire Interim II
December 4th- Virtual Spelling Bee
December 8th- Picture Makeup Day
December 18th- Spirit Day
December 22nd- End of 2nd 9 weeks
As part of a coordinated response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the Division of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) in partnership with the Office for Education Policy (OEP) at the University of Arkansas has developed this Parent/Guardian Survey for soliciting family input on what is working now and what may be considered for the future.
Important Note from Coach May!
Any student not riding their regular bus must have a note that is signed by the office. We have several students each day that we are having to try and call parents to make sure they are going to the right place.
A Note from Nurse Gina!
District Point of Contact
4th Grade TAG Community Service Project
It is the week before Thanksgiving break and I want you all to know I am thankful for each and everyone of your children. They bring so much joy and laughter to our school! I hope you all have a wonderful and restful holiday!
This week K-2 will be coming to counseling with me! We are talking about how to love ourselves the way we are! Here are some great tips to help your child build their confidence.
Word of the Month
Subs are Needed!
Assistant Principal: Caroline Baker
Counselor: Cassie Page
Secretary: Donna Bradke