Crew's News - Mrs. Copeland's Class
January 16, 2014
- glue sticks
- pencil top erasers- ziplock baggies (ALL sizes are needed)
What are we up to?
Writing - Beginning to write opinion pieces and friendly letters.
Math - Looking at how we can divide rectangles into equal parts using rows and collumns
- Grade Level Practice: 2nd grade - ADDITION (E.21, E.22, E.23, E.24)
- Need a Challenge?: 3rd grade - MULTIPLICATION (E.1)
Social Studies - Learning about the regions of the USA
We will be looking at what makes up a culture and how cultures are different depending on where they are in our nation.
- January 16 - Teacher Workday - NO SCHOOL for students
- January 19- MLK Day - NO SCHOOL
- January 20 - Daddy/Daughter Dance Money Due
- January 21 - McAlisters Deli Spirit Night (Herlong location only)
- February 6 - Daddy/Daughter Dance (IHES Cafeteria 7pm-9pm)
- February 11 - Late Start
- February 12 - Chick-fil-A Spirit Night
- February 16 - President's Day - NO SCHOOL
Save the Date - 2nd & 3rd grade musical
Daddy/Daughter Dance Update
It has come to my attention that the wrong flyer may have gone home with some of our students concerning the dance. To make sure that everyone has the opportunity to turn in money if they would like to come, the deadline is extended to Tuesday, January 20th.
Monica Bryson-McCoy MA
India Hook Elementary(803)985-1602
The Elks "Hoop Shoot"
The Rock Hill Elks Lodge is sponsoring a Hoop Shoot/Free Throw Contest on Saturday morning, January 17, 2015, following registration which starts at 9:00 AM. The first place winners will be invited to compete and represent the Rock Hill Lodge at the district level in Fort Mill on February 8, 2015. The attached flyer contains all of the specifics.
Hoop Shoot Flyer
Safe Routes to School
Note that the Safe Routes to School program focuses on the "5 Es", and while Engineering recommendations play a large part, it's important to also identify strategies that Encourage students, Educate students and parents, Enforce driver behavior, and Evaluate your SRTS efforts.
The Resource Center<http://scsaferoutes.org/resources> website has many resources for these "Es". Other resources include the National Center<http://saferoutesinfo.org/program-tools> for Safe Routes to School, and SCDOT has a Safe Routes to School Strategies Manual<http://www.scdot.org/getting/pdfs/Safe_Routes/SRTS-StrategiesManual.pdf> on their website as well.