A monthly newsletter focusing on Mindfulness - January 2023
Happy New Year!!!
It is common to make New Year's Resolutions that last several weeks before we give up on them. A new way to look at this is to choose a "word" to guide you through the year. A word can have multiple meanings. It won't be as constricting as a resolution that either sets goals too high or not high enough. It can be used as a reminder to you to stay connected to what you want to accomplish for the year. In choosing a word, choose a word that has meaning to you. Spend time weekly, if not daily, just remembering what your word for the year is. Perhaps you can journal on what that word means to you every so often, and reflect on the progress you have made because of focusing on your word. Spend a moment in the morning practicing a deep breathing skill with the focus of your word in the background. This is a good way to propel yourself in a positive direction for the year. Below is a list of possible word choices. Pick something that has significance for you.
Happy New Year!!!
A Wintry Night - by: Lyndsey Kuster
The world is peaceful on this wintry night.
No one around, not a sound to be heard.
Not a laugh, not a car, not even a bird.
For a moment, it's just the snow and me.
I smile inside.
I feel so free.
Doritos Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 1 (14.5 oz) package nacho cheese-flavored Doritos, lightly crushed
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded and cut into small pieces
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 oz colby jack cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 - 10 oz mild diced tomatoes and green chiles (ro-tel)
- 1 - 4 oz can green chiles
- 1 (10.75 oz) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- Cilantro for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread half the crushed chips into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- In a large bowl, stir together the chicken, black beans, corn, 1 cup of the cheese, Ro-tel, green chiles, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and the taco seasoning.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the chips in the baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Spread remaining chips evenly over the top, then sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake another 5 to 7 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Garnish with cilantro, optional.
Mindset is the driving force in the quest for success and achievement. A mindset that combines discipline, strength, confidence, and ambition is a powerful mindset. This can achieve anything it sets its sights on. A powerful mind can achieve anything.