5th Grade Cog
Never Stop Thinking and Learning
This week in 5th Grade Cog. (October 17th- October 21st)
It was a very short week in 5th grade cog since there was no school on Monday and the Leadership Symposium on Wednesday. The students continued to use many of the Student Success Skills (21st Century Skills) and 16 Habits of Mind to work on our latest P.B.L. "Create an Animal". The students had to research different biomes and adaptations to create an animal that could have lived. The students will then create a fossil view of the animal, then an artists recreation of the animal and finally describe a day in the fictional creatures life. The classes will complete the multimedia P.B.L. next week.
Student Success Skills (21st Century Skills) we will use all year!
16 Habits of Mind are essential for students to use in the classrooms of today
IMPORTANT FALL DATES 2016
- Fri Oct 28 Harvest Party, all grades
- Fri Nov 4 End of First Trimester
- Tues Nov 8 No School
- Wed Nov 9 7 pm PTO meeting
- Thurs Nov 17 4th grade Concert
- Wed-Fri Nov 23-25 Thanksgiving Break
- Wed Dec 21 Holiday Parties, all grades
- Dec 22-Jan 3 Winter Break