You Are Eating Yourself to Death
By: Danielle Salas
Let's Make you Live Longer
Each Year roughly 1 in 6 Americans or 48 million people gets sick, 128,000 are hospitalized, and 3,000 die from food poisoning. The question is who is to blame for this tragedy. Honestly everyone should stop pointing fingers because it's everyone's fault, think about it. Food poisoning, otherwise known as foodborne illness, is caused by unsafe food. For example cutting raw meat and vegetables in the same cutting board. It's actually guaranteed that half of the people in the United States didn't even know they had to cut raw meat and vegetables in a separate cutting board and the reason is in plain sight.... people are careless. People don' have the right knowledge about how to keep themselves safe from this tragic illness. Almost everyone likes steak, but do you really know what happens behind that steak, i think not! Enough about the lecture here are some accident causes for this illness:
- Not washing your hands.
- Not cleaning or sanitizing your appliances or utensils.
- Keeping chemicals near food.
- Cutting raw products near or before produce.
- Not washing your produce before eating it.
- Washing your hands.
- Cleaning utensils and appliances often.
- Have separate cutting boards for raw meat and produce.
- Washing produce before you eat it.