September 23, 2022
Off to a Good Start!
September 2022 Parent Newsletter
Haycox is off to a good start!
- Friday Morning Dance party is a hit with all students doing the Cha Cha Slide.
- 4th and 5th grade soccer started a new soccer schedule. We have new goals and people are lined up to paint the fields lines.
- It was great to see parents back on campus at Back to School Night. Thank you for coming!
- Art Trek is set to begin on October 3rd. All students will receive professional art instruction monthly for 12 weeks. It's a great time to be a Viking!
NEW! Parent Square
At the end of last school year, HESD had the opportunity to adopt Parent Square. Parent Square supports communication with staff and students at the class, school, and district level and integrates with our student information system, Aequitas Q. Enter the cell phone or email that is on file in Q to sign in or sign up.
- Existing Users: Parent Square can be accessed within Q under Menu > Communications > Q Communications PS or at https://www.parentsquare.com/signin by using the 'Sign-in with Google' button.
- New Users: Parent Square can be accessed within Q under Menu > Communications > Q Communications PS or at https://www.parentsquare.com/signin by using the 'Sign-up/Register'
New Safety Features
You may have noticed the newly painted red curb on the circle driveway in front of the school. This is now open for parents to quickly stop, pick up students, and safely make their way home. The red curb should be used for one lane of cars. Double parking or crossing the double yellow lines is not safe and puts students at risk for injury. Please remember to always use the crosswalk, and say hello to Mr. Mike!! Lets make Haycox a safe place for students, parents, and Haycox team members.
After School Enrichment Program (ELOP)
This afterschool program is now available to all students who express interest. So far, we have approximately 240 students! The program includes learning about art, dance, cooking, chemistry/science, and acting. This is an amazing opportunity for your children! Visit the office to your students sign up.
Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
The PTA is excited to announce the launch of a new PTA year, after being dormant for 2 years. We would like to invite you to our PTA meeting on Wednesday, October 12th, 2022 from 1:30pm to 2:30pm in Room 6.
The PTA needs your help with assemblies, character counts, fundraising, and much more. Come on Wednesday to see what we’re up to this year and have a yummy snack.
We value any contribution you can make at our monthly PTA meetings. We will also have membership sign ups and a place for you to share your ideas for making Haycox a great place to connect and thrive.
We hope to see you there.
Updated COVID Protocols
We send students home who are experiencing multiple cold or covid symptoms.
We can test students as part of the process (with parent permission).
If a student is absent due to COVID-related symptoms, the attendance record will indicate “PHM”
If they test positive, they must be out for 5 days from onset of symptoms or positive test.
Students can return after 5 days with a negative test.
If students don’t test it is mandatory that they stay out for 10 days.
We will be sending a green ticket with students who have tested positive for COVID and have met requirements for returning to school.
Regardless of vaccination status, students who are a close contacts are not required to quarantine if asymptomatic
Haycox is a uniform school
Please be sure to call if you have questions about the school uniform!
We are here to serve and support you!
Ms. Julianne Peña
Ms. Etelina Durazo
School Counselor, A - L
School Counselor, M - Z
To contact your student’s teacher:
Dial (805) 488-3578 after school hours and ask to be transferred
Message using Parent Square