MAP and Edgenuity
More testing?? ... for what and why?
NWEA - Measures of Academic Progress (MAP)
- Creates a personalized assessment experience by adapting to each student’s learning level.
- Precisely measuring progress and growth for each individual student.
- If your child correctly answers a question, the computer assessment provides a harder question next.
- If they miss that same question, then an easier question is asked.
This provides essential information about what your child knows and is ready to learn.
Edgenuity software uses MAP data to drive learning
My Path adaptive learning
- MyPath™ is an online intervention program that offers data-driven differentiated instruction for mathematics and reading.
- Age-appropriate instruction spans skills in grades 3–11 so high school students can close learning gaps, even at the foundational level.
THE POINT IS ....
The NWEA - MAP assessment allows us to identify each students strengths and shortcomings so that we can help all students grow.
Edgenuity My Path software helps deliver the specific instruction that students need at their pace and at their instructional level.
This is the first year of implementation for both tools. We are learning alongside our students and have found some success in Guided Graduation Support for Algebra and Biology Keystone remediation, special education support, and in classroom based Algebra content.
More to come as we continue to learn and grow within the MAP and Edgenuity systems.