WRIGHT LIBRARY "weekly" Blast
April 20, 2015
Important Stuff and New Dates!
DEAR is May 5th/Door Decorating is now til May 11th
For at least 20 minutes on May 5th at 9:15 in home rooms, EVERY member of the Wright Raider Community will read silently from a book of their choice or be read to by an adult in the class room
- If you know of parents or community members who would like to read aloud to a group of students, please let me know.
The Annual Door Decorating Contest:
- To celebrate the joy of reading further, each faculty/staff member is invited to decorate his/her door with a book/reading theme.
- Judging will happen early in the day on Monday, May 11th by visiting librarians.
- Decorating can begin at any time before then.
- Students may help, but teachers get the prize.
- Gift Certificates to a local bookstore will be given for the best in each grade, related arts/ "other", and the best overall.
School Library Month Promotion
NEW: All Books Returned...
Battle of the Books
Monday 5/11: All day team practice and Wright team Battles in the library
Thursday 5/14: Wright winning team travel to the Downtown Main branch of the Nashville Public Library for the city-wide MNPS Middle School Battle of the Books
Overall winners get signed books and a limo ride back to school with a stop off for Ice Cream!
Buy One Get One FREE Summer Reading Book Fair
In conjunction with the Spring Family Showcase, we will be having a 2 day, Buy One, Get One free Book Fair.
We will be open 8:30am-6:30pm on Wednesday, May 20th and 8-4:30 on Thursday, May 21st
let me know if you'd like to help with the family night!
However, materials may be returned to the Wright Library until the last day of school.
Students and teachers may also change the delivery location for their ordered items to the branch library of their choice and may pick them up there through the summer.
May 5th for AIMS oral fluency (5th and 6th)
May 7th until 1:30 (Hannon and Anderson with 7th grade at Zoo)
May 11th for Battle of the Books Wright Battles
May 14th Battle of the Books District battle and TPAC trip
May 22nd until end of year...