University of Washington
By: Kasey Foose
- GPA is above a 3.2
- SAT score above 1300
- ACT scores above 25
- They do NOT want any transcripts or letters of recommendation until they have accepted your application.
- Application fee is $70 (Fee waivers accepted)
Room & Board: $10,833
Books: $ 1,206
Other Estimated Expenses: $ 2,679
Financial Aid? Once your application is accepted then in order to apply for financial aid you have to go through the U.S. Department of Education. The university does not handle any of the student loans. They do however generously give many scholarships. Only exception is many freshman do not receive many scholarships because they are mostly granted to upper clansmen.
Extra Curricular Activities & Sports
Sororities: Delta Gamma & Kappa Sigma
Statistics & Reputation
- 93% of graduates were able to find a job or internship within 90 days of graduating.
- www.huskyjobs.com is a career center website that helps UW students find a job/internship placement that fits their major or degree.
- Robert Morse said "UW is really known for a big graduates school, and faculty doing pre-reviewed research. They are also strong in so many fields its almost impossible not to find a place to fit in there."
- An anonymous graduate reviewed the school on Cappex.com and said "Becoming involved in the multitudes of extracurricular activities offered is the single most important thing you can do as a student at the University of Washington. This is a very, very large school and it's important to find a smaller group to call home."
Interesting Sites & Attraction Close By...
- Space Needle
- Pike Place Market
- Gum Wall
- Seattle Waterfront Park
- Pacific Science Center
- Lake Union
- Pioneer Square
- Kerry Park
The Great Wheel
Located in Seattle's Waterfront Park
Kerry Park Sunset
Kerry Park has an amazing view of Seattle famous space needle as well as Mt. Rainier.
Pike's Place Farmers Market
The Gum Wall is located in the farmers market on the south side.
Fun Facts about UW
- UW ranks second in schools that send undergraduate alumni into peace Corps.
- Placed 11th in National University Public ranking by US News & World Reports.
- In 1981, Robb Weller, ’72, a former UW yell leader, and Bill Bissell, the Husky Marching Band director, came up with the idea for the Wave. It caught on as a staple in sports stadiums nationwide.
- The process that brought us color television was invented by UW alumnus Willard Geer, a 1927 physics graduate.
- Bubble gum, vinyl, synthetic rubber and the color TV tube were all invented at the UW