The Friday File
January 23, 2015
AM-Bekah to Debbie Miller
PM-Catherine to Debbie Miller
5:00-8:00 Wendy's Night
AM-HS to Debbie Miller
PM-HS our for Principal's Meeting
4:00 p.m. Coming to America Party for Jeff (wear jeans and red/white/blue)
XLT forms due
2.Math-a-thon will be Feb. 9-Feb. 20th. We are doing a Spring Fundraiser because we fell short on our fall fundraiser.
3. PTA is looking to another company to recycle ink cartridges.
4. The Family Fun Night Flyer (aka Carnival) will be sent home soon. If we do not have 12 classroom parents volunteer to head up the classroom games, it will be canceled.
Instructional Best Practices
1. Begin with a pre-assessment. This helps drive your planning.
2. Using the data project your unit to include strategic formative assessments along the way to check for understanding and learning. Good teachers use this data to inform instruction and modify their planning accordingly.
3. When planning, include these best practices:
*Stating clearly the purpose of the lesson, as well as the expected outcome.
*Building background knowledge by linking concepts, past learning, and key vocabulary.
*The structure of the lesson is clear to all students and allows for different pathways according the student needs.
*A variety of questioning strategies are used to encourage students' development of critical thinking, problem solving, and performance skills.
*Students have adequate time to response to the teacher's questions.
*Instructional approaches are adapted to meet the needs of diverse learners
* Instruction is adapted to meet the proficiency level of all students
4. Once students arrive to the post assessment, the results should come as no surprise. Teaching and reteaching along the way should result in students achieving mastery of the standards that have been taught.