Week of February 11th
Our 4th six weeks is quickly coming to an end. Benchmarks are this week, please be aware of the testing schedule. Stay up to date by reading the newsletter, checking planners, and following Red Oak Elementary on social media.
- Field Trip permission slips and money are due by Thursday the 14th. At this time all chaperone tickets have been claimed.
- Dress Code: Please make sure your student is following dress code daily. Jackets worn indoors, as well as leggings worn under skirts/shorts, must be in dress code too.
- Class Dojo is an important form of communication that we use often. Some subject reviews, important class information, and messages are sent through this app/website, so please make sure you are checking it daily.
- Please continue to check your student's planner daily. This is a great resource for communication.
- As the weather continues to be cold over the next couple of months, please make sure your student has a warm jacket for recess. We like to go outside even on cold days.
- SNACK Reminder: Because 5th-grade lunch is not until 12:20, we are allowing 5th graders to bring a HEALTHY snack. The snack must be something they can eat while continuing to work, and the snack must not require a spoon and cannot be messy.
February 12- Math Benchmark
February 13 - Reading Benchmark
February 13 - Colors for Caring
February 14 -Science Benchmark
February 14 - Valentine Parties at 2:15
February 15 - No School for students/ Professional Development Day for staff
February 18 - No School
February 22 - End of 4th Six Weeks
February 26 - 5th Grade Field Trip
March 1 - Read Across America / Dr. Seuss Day
March 4 - Open House
Permission slips and money are due on or before Thursday, February 14th.
- Making Connections Informational Genres
- Please make sure your student is reading every night. In order to increase stamina for the STAAR test, our students need to read at least 20 minutes a day.
- Benchmark on Wednesday, February 13th
- CBA on 19th
- Benchmark on Tuesday, February 12th
- interdependency with organisms in their environment
- carbon dioxide-oxygen cycle
- environmental changes
- food webs
- CBA on Wednesday, February 6th.
- Benchmark Thursday, February 14th
- Migration Westward: Expanding the United States
ROE Campus Newsletter
5th Grade Teachers Contact Information and link to teacher web page
Our conference time is 8:00-8:45 daily