A Passionate EFL Egyptian Teacher
Beside her job as an EFL teacher since 2002, Azhar Youssef is a teacher trainer, external reviewer, MA in education holder (2008), PhD student in TEFL using technology, blogger, INTEL Educator (2009), Ideal Teacher (2010), Microsoft Innovative Educator (2011), Best Educational Wiki Nominee (2011), e-Teacher scholar (2011) certified by universities of Oregon and Maryland, USA, ThinkQuest Competition Judge (2012), Top-voted DNLE Stanford projects’ winner (2012), Coursera Community TA (2013), and lifelong learner who enjoys learning and exploring new things with other people.
Interested in Teacher Training
Here are some of the sessions that she presented:
- Activating teaching strategies: Teaching handwriting
- Training the English Language supervisors to plan and design workshops
- Teaching reading and novels for English Language teachers using various activities
- Activating the thinking skills to develop the English language skills for EFL teachers
- Developing the writing skills of the English teachers
- Shaping the way we teach English: Language awareness, learning strategies, learner feedback, teaching young learners.
- Best practices in English teaching
- Mentoring the novice teachers
- Welcome back Egypt wiki in which secondary school students invite tourists to come back to Egypt after the 25th Jan 2011 Revolution
- Say Hello to the World wiki in which a lot of teachers and students collaborate with each other to build bridges between cultures through describing their own countries using a variety of tools.
- Click Connect wiki is a collaborative space in which Azhar and other 5 teachers from 6 countries collaborated to create an online course for unmotivated teachers to use technology in their classrooms.
Here are some of the moocs and online courses she took as a way to update her knowledge and develop her teaching skills:
- Games Elements for Learning offered by Canvas Network
- Mapping and Power Searching with Google offered by Google
- Crafting an Effective Writer: Tools of the Trade offered by Coursera
- Statistics: Making Sense of Data offered by Coursera
- Critical Thinking in Global Challenges offered by Coursera
- Designing a new Learning Environment offered by Stanford University
- Gamification offered by Coursera
- Partners in Learning Online Training Courses
- Access Teacher Development Online Program offered by Oregon University
- Moodle for Teachers – EVO Sessions
- Digital Tools With a purpose in the Classroom – EVO sessions
- Podcasting for ESL-EFL Classroom – EVO sessions
- Building Teaching Skills through the Interactive Web offered by Oregon University
Develop Your Students' Composition Writing Skills Using Task-Based Learning is her first book published by Lambert Academic Publishing. To know more about it, please read her blog post.