2022 TDEA Exhibitors
It is my pleasure to welcome you to the official Smore for our TDEA 2022 Convention Exhibitors.
My hope is that all information will be clearly communicated and all questions will be answered in one place.
I will continue to edit this Smore to keep all information current and will continue to communicate via email as well.
Do not hesitate to reach out to me by email or cell as I am here to help each of you!
We are looking forward to seeing all of you IN PERSON for our 2022 TDEA Convention at the Marriott Marquis, January 5-8, 2022.
TDEA 2nd Vice President
Check-In before you begin unloading
Please be sure to have a representative from your company check-in at the Exhibitor Information Desk located outside the Texas Ballroom (Exhibit Hall, 4th Floor).
Wednesday, 1/5, 4:00-9:00p
Thursday, 1/6, 7:00-11:00a
At check-in table, please do the following:
- Check in with Exhibitor Assistant
- Retrieve your gray folder
- Leave any After Hours donations with Exhibitor Assistant
- Make any additional All-State Scholarship donations
At check-in you will receive a gray folder with the following:
- A Schedule
- A list of all booths
- An invitation to the Exhibitor Social Breakfast
- Raffle tickets for the Exhibitor drawing
- Name Badges for your employees working the booth
- Save the Date for Convention 2023
Load In/Out Information
Please read below for an additional suggestion for unloading/reloading.
Regardless of if you are using the loading dock OR using the suggestion below, please still arrive at the time you signed up for on the Loading Dock spreadsheet as it is all in one area.
If you will be using the Dock (without ramp), the lip height is 40 inches.
MAP OF STREETS SURROUNDING HOTEL - Loading dock and side door are located on Rusk Street.
USE SIDE DOOR RATHER THAN RAMP:
To the right of the loading dock there is a door (on the exterior) that is on the street level that you can roll a dolly inside and then access elevators to the 4th Floor (where the Exhibit Hall is located).
There are pictures attached of the door - to bays - to the freight elevator (in order 1 to 6).
The entrance door is approximately 34" wide.
Carts that will be available for use in the Loading Dock area:
5 hand carts - 3 at 2,000 pound capacity
Larger flat carts
Keep in mind, there are train tracks right at the entrance. There is a 15 minute interval between rails so please keep that in mind when arriving for your load in time. Do not block the tracks!
OTHER LOAD IN/OUT OPTIONS RATHER THAN LOADING DOCK:
- If you do not have any large items to unload, you can use a bellman at the front door, park in the parking garage and use the elevators that lead to the main lobby of the hotel. Then take the hotel elevators up to the 4th Floor (where the Exhibit Hall is located).
Another option for unloading is parking on the level of the sky ridge. You can have your staff meet you there to unload. It is super easy and way faster than the loading docks.
- Marriott Hotel Valet Parking is a separate cost from hotel fees.
- $60 daily
AVENIDA NORTH GARAGE (self parking):
This 1,820-space garage is connected to the north end of the George R. Brown Convention Center, as part of Partnership Tower at 701 Avenida de las Americas. Entrances for the garage can be found on both Capitol St. (going north) and Rusk St. (going south).
- Less than 1 hr. $10
- 1 to 2 hrs. $18
- 2 to 4 hrs. $25
- Daily Max is $32
CLICK THE BELOW LINKS FOR ADDITIONAL OPTIONS:
Exhibitor Social - Breakfast
We are excited to host our "come and go" Exhibitor Social at Convention so we can show our appreciation to all of you!!
EXHIBITOR SOCIAL EVITE - please click this Evite link and RSVP!
Day/Time: Thursday, January 6th, 8:30am-10:00am (Come and go)
Location: Hunters Creek BoardRoom at the Hotel
Stop by Hunters Creek for breakfast, mimosas, and socializing with your fellow Exhibitors, TDEA Board, and Exhibitor Committee!
We will draw for our raffle on Thursday evening at 6:00p outside the Exhibit Hall in the foyer by the Exhibitor Check-in booth! *One representative must be present to WIN* See the Raffle Prizes attached!
How to get raffle tickets - (Tickets will be in your Welcome folders)
1. All Line of Recognition participants will receive tickets based on their donation level.
2. All Exhibitors who donate towards the All-State Scholarship. There is still an opportunity to donate AT convention.
2022 Convention Information
January 5-8, 2022 at the Marriott Marquis
1777 Walker St, Houston, TX 77010
TDEA has reserved a group of rooms at the Marriott Marquis
*You can now book your Marriott Marquis Hotel using this
Contract and Add-Ons
- DUE NOVEMBER 15TH, but try to get them submitted as soon as possible.
- Form Submission - Print the contract linked above, read in its entirety, sign, scan, and email me (email@example.com) your completed contract.
- DUE DECEMBER 21ST, but I recommend by December 1st.
- Form Submission - Email completed form to Info@ThePhoenixDG.com or Mail to address listed on form.
- Payment - 1. Mail in payment or payment information with your forms or 2. Email forms and Phoenix will contact you directly for payment information over the phone.
- DUE DECEMBER 1ST
- Form Submission - Email completed form to Jaime.Valdivia@encoreglobal.com
- Payment - After submitting your form, Encore will contact you directly for payment information.
Early Bird Registration: Available for all exhibitors who attended the 2020 (last in person) and 2021 (Virtual) conventions
- July 15 - July 31: You may register for your same booth as 2020 ONLY
- August 1 - August 14: 2020/2021 Exhibitors may register for a new booth that has not been claimed by August 1st (please confirm your new booth(s) with Karis Van before registering).
- August 15 - November 1: Registration is open to any exhibitors, returning or new.
2022 Booth Pricing
Early Bird registration payments are due by August 15, 2021.
Contracts for Early Bird Registration Booths are due by November 15, 2021.
Failure to submit full payment by this date will result in releasing your reserved booth space.
Regular registration payments are due by November 1, 2021.
Regular registration contracts are due by November 15, 2021.
Registrations received after November 1, 2021 have payments and contracts due at the time of registration.
TDEA takes Credit Cards and Checks as forms of payment. We will not accept Purchase Orders.
WE HAVE A NEW MAILING ADDRESS!!! PLEASE SEE THE NEW ADDRESS BELOW!
Checks can be mailed to:
PO Box 74, Houston, TX 77001
Payments not received by the deadline will result in forfeiture of booth(s).
Cancellation and Refund Policy
At time of registration- November 14th: 75% of booth fee refunded
November 15th-December 14th: 50% of booth fee refunded
After December 15th: no refund for booth fee given
Exhibitor Recognition Program
TDEA is excited to continue to utilize the new technology to help our convention run smoothly and provide the best experiences for our educators and exhibitors. The TDEA app allows for many great marketing opportunities for exhibitors to purchase separately or earn through their line of recognition.
Your company will have the chance to designate what you would like to contribute towards convention needs. Please be sure to follow up with Karis Van at Karis.Van@gcisd.net about your requested donation. The Exhibitor Recognition Program is outlined below.
2022 Line of Recognition List (as of 10/25)
*If you selected any donation items in your registration (visit the list linked above), please email me your donation and how much the item/donation is worth.
We are still looking for additional donations!
- If you wish to make a Monetary Donation, email me and I will help you
- If you'd like to donate an After Hours Doorprize, please email me the donation and how much the donation is worth
- If you are able to purchase from our Amazon Wishlist, please click the link, purchase any items off our list, and email me which items you were able to purchase and their quantities.
Thank you to all who have already donated!!!
SAMPLE LINE OF RECOGNITION DONATIONS
This list is just an example. Any donations can be accepted and priced out to determine recognition level.
*Line of Recognition Donation Items and proof of value must be provided via email to Karis Van.
- Workshop Presenter Salaries
- Presenter Travel Expenses
- All-State & College Assistant T-shirts
- Educator T-shirts
- Opening Business Meeting Giveaway
- All-State Bags
- All-State Costumes
- Sponsored Workshops
- Educator Registration Bags
- Board Warm-ups or Attire
- All State Dessert Social
- Director Coffee and Dessert Break
- Convention Lanyards
- All-State Patches
- After Hours Door Prizes
- TDEA Technology Needs (in need of new projectors and screens)
- Monetary Donations
I will also share our TDEA Amazon Wish List in the near future.
Additional Marketing Opportunities
Advertising Banners- These are banner ads at the top of each page within the app that showcases your company. The banners have a click through capability that takes members directly to your website. These are available for purchase for Platinum Members only at $500. There will be a maximum of 10 ads total sold, first come first serve. Sample Banner Ad
Click Game- This is a game built within the app that members will compete in throughout convention by completing specific tasks to gain points towards a prize that one member will win at the end of convention. Members are challenged to visit your booth and take a picture with you in exchange for points in the game. Images and posts from members will be projected on a wall, increasing visibility for your company and products. These will be included for Platinum Members and available for purchase for Gold Members ($200) and Silver Members ($400). Sample of Click Game
Enhanced Exhibitor Profiles- Every company will be listed in the exhibitor directory. However, the enhanced exhibitor profile gives you the ability to upload your logo to your profile with a link to your website, include additional contact information, upload videos and brochures, and include photos. Included for Platinum and Gold Members. Available to purchase for all other exhibitors for $200.
Push notifications- Create messages up to 140 characters to be sent to educators through the app with push notifications. This is a great way to help get educators into your booth! The cost of the notification is $400.00 and limited to 1 per company. There will be a maximum of 10 notifications sold.
- Interactive Map Pins- Interactive map pins help your company stand out on the exhibitor map and allow members to visually locate your booth on the map. In addition, they act as a link for members to get basic information about your company. These are available for purchase for all exhibitors at $150 each. There will be a maximum of 10 pins total sold, first come first serve. Sample of Map Pin
We are excited to provide multiple ways for different companies to be highlighted throughout convention. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Karis Van.
We still have some marketing options available for purchase! If you are interested, log back into your registration and add items! These will close on December 1st!
ITEMS STILL AVAILABLE
- Banner Ads - 7 of 10 sold (have your ad scan across the top of the app all year long)
- SOLD TO: Ascension Dance, Champion Tours and Events Inc., DanceSounds, HTEDance, Leapin' Leotards, MA Dance, ShowMakers of America
- Push Notifications - 2 of 10 sold (send a message to members phones during convention directly!)
- SOLD TO: Champion Tours & Events, Texas Motion Sports
- Interactive Map Pin - 3 of 10 sold
- SOLD TO: Champion Tours & Events Inc., Texas Motion Sports
- Click Game Stops
- SOLD TO: All Platinum Sponsors, Costume Closet
- Enhanced Profiles
- SOLD TO: All Platinum and Gold Members, Champion Tours & Events Inc., Dance America/Fusion Sound
Convention Curriculum - 1st VP, Allie Hudak
All-State Questions - 3rd VP, Eve Robinson
Exhibitor Questions - 2nd VP, Karis Van
Financial Questions - Treasurer, Nichole Phillips
DEAL Questions - DEAL Executive Administrator, Erica Sury
All other Questions - info@TDEA.org