Miner Bee Messenger
TES Family Updates
There will be a change in how report cards are distributed this year. On Friday, October 28th all families will receive an email that gives directions on how to access your child's report card. If you have difficulty, please share that with your child's teacher. We will support as needed based on your feedback.
Teachers will be sharing the reports cards, iReady, and present levels in school performance at Parent Teacher Conferences. This is an opportunity for you to ask questions and see how you can team with the TES staff to make the best learning environment for your child. We look forward to these conferences and meeting with each of you! (If you do not have a conference time set up, please contact your child's teacher.)
Thank you for the teamwork! We appreciate you!
A Message from the Counselor...
Ms. Dawn, the TES school counselor, has put together a variety of social emotional learning (SEL) resources for parents to reinforce behavior and SEL skills at home. You will find resources here in English and here in Spanish. If you would like to learn more about Ms. Dawn and her role at TES you can read more in her info flier here in English and here in Spanish.
ART TO REMEMBER Fundraiser
- Your child is bringing home an order form next week (Friday 10.28.22). You can order custom products (magnets, mugs, holiday ornaments, and more) with your child’s art on them. The 25% profit is used to purchase art supplies for our art department. Online orders are due by 11.14.22. Thanks for your support, Mrs. Lapp.
Storybook Pumpkins- Sneak Peak!
Important Dates: Mark You Calendars
Bring in your decorated pumpkin for Pumpkin Pumpkin Storybook Contest
Tuesday, October 25th: EARLY RELEASE @ 1:50 p.m.
- Last day to bring pumpkin in for Pumpkin Pumpkin Storybook Contest
Wednesday, October 26th:
- Parent/Community Viewing for Pumpkin Pumpkin Storybook Contest 3:15- 4:00 p.m.
Monday, October 31st
- Halloween Parade @ 1:30
Tuesday, November 1st:
- Parent Teacher Conferences- No Students today
Wednesday, November 2nd: All students have school today
- 2nd Grade DI Conferences continue (students attend school)
Thursday, November 3rd
- Last day to pick up pumpkin from school
- Kindergarten DI Conferences continue (students attend school)
Friday, November 4th
- 1st Grade DI Conferences continue (students attend school)
- District Accountability Monday, October 24th at 5:15 pm in Bridal Veil and Zoom. Agenda and zoom info can be found here
- Telluride School District, San Miguel Public Health Department and other area health care vendors are getting together for a Halloween Health Fair for all.
- Telluride Intermediate School gymnasium 1 - 5 pm.
- Flu shots for ages 1 - 100; no id or insurance needed. Free.
- Covid Booster shots for ages 3 and older.
- Please pre-register at: https://www.comassvax.org//appointment/en/reg/3231914067
- 🎃 Dia de las Muertos/Halloween crafts for all ages!
- Local health agencies will have information for staying safe during the upcoming holidays and the school year.
- THS Athletic Boosters Needs Your Help - Clark’s Market Receipt Fundraiser happening each Monday for the next four weeks!!
Clark's Market Telluride has selected Telluride Athletic Boosters as the designated non-profit for the Fall fundraiser! Our Student Booster Club will have a box at checkout to collect receipts from shoppers on the following Mondays: October 7, October 24, October 31 and November 7. So save up your shopping friends and go in to support our student athletes!! Clark's will donate to the THS Athletic Boosters 5% of the total value of receipts collected. This is a great opportunity to raise money for our THS student athletes and athletic programs. Spread the word and be sure to shop at Clark's these Mondays and turn in your receipts.
- Advanced Level English Classes (in person) are being offered through November and currently enrolling new students!
Learners from all languages/ cultures are welcome.
These classes are offered through Bright Futures.
Contact to Register: Kathleen Morgan - cell 970 728 2437
Schedule: Monday & Wednesday: 6:00 - 7:30 pm
10/18 & 10/24 - Wilkinson Public Library, 1st floor, Teen Area
Starting Wed. 10/26 through late November - TMHS, Bridal Veil Conf. Room
This group may continue through the winter based on student interest.
- Telluride Education Foundation is coordinating lunches on conference day 11/1/2022 in order to have food easily accessible in each school for all to enjoy. Conference days are especially hard because teachers do not get any free time and we would like to thank them for all their hard work. TEF is asking parents to volunteer and provide lunch items.
Please click on the SignUp Genius link below to volunteer and help November 1st.