Fammatre School Newsletter
Friday, August 26th, 2022
This newsletter can be translated into almost any language by clicking on this document and then choosing the "translate" button listed in the square black box on the right hand side.
Este boletín se puede traducir a casi cualquier idioma haciendo clic en este documento y luego eligiendo el botón "traducir" que aparece en el cuadro negro cuadrado en el lado derecho.
Calendar of Upcoming Dates
Mon., 9/5: No School - Labor Day
Wed. Sept. 7th: Back to School Night: Parents only
Mon., 9/12: Full Day for TK & Kinders (8:15-2:00)
Tues., 9/13: Family Dinner Night Out: Chipotle 5-9pm
Thurs., 9/29: Picture Day
10/3-10/12: Minimum Days - Parent/Teacher Conferences
*School District Calendar Below : School Calendar 2022-2023
*Fammatre Bell Schedule: Fammatre Bell Schedule
Back to School Night: Wed., Sept. 7th
Parents will meet in their child's classroom.
Grades TK, K, 1st, & 2nd: 6:00-6:30pm
Home & School Club Welcome in Cafeteria: 6:30-7:00pm
Grades 3, 4 & 5: 7:00-7:30pm
Message from the Principal
Dear Fammatre Families,
We have had a wonderful start to our 2022-2023 school year. Our amazing staff has been incredibly flexible and generous during our quick start to the school year. I was so proud walking around all of the classrooms on the first day. Classrooms were lovely, students were ready, and I could hear all of the wonderful things students and teachers were discussing as a way of building their classroom communities. While we weren’t necessarily as “perfect” as we usually are, I encouraged staff to embrace the messiness of not being perfect and using it as a way to involve our students and families in our start this year. It has been wonderful seeing all of you over the last few days. It is remarkable how much our students have grown and matured over the summer. I look forward to another wonderful year with all of you!
I invite you all to attend our first Home and School Club meeting of the school year on Monday, September 12th, from 7-8pm in the Fammatre cafeteria. It’s a great way to get involved and learn more about what is happening in our school community.
Please also join us for Back-To-School Night on Wednesday, September 7th, from 6:00-7:30pm. This is a very important opportunity to meet your child’s teacher, learn about classroom expectations and build the vital home-school partnership that drives student success.
Below are important start-of-school dates that you will want to put on your calendar:
Labor Day - NO SCHOOL - Monday, September 5th
Back To School Night – Wednesday, September 7th, from 6:00-7:30 p.m.
Classrooms Grades TK, K, 1st, & 2nd: 6:00-6:30pm
Cafeteria Welcome/HSC (All Grades): 6:30-7:00pm
Classrooms Grades 3rd, 4th & 5th: 7:00-7:30pm
Home & School Club Meeting - Monday, Sept. 12th @ 7:00 p.m. in the cafeteria
Family Dinner Night Out: September 13, Chipotle on Camden Ave. 5-9pm
Fall Picture Day – Thursday, September 29th
Minimum Days for Parent Conferences: Oct. 3rd - 12th (Early Release Days)
Fall Parent/Teacher Conferences (minimum days) Mon. Oct. 3rd - Wed., Oct. 12th
School Safety & Parent Volunteers
Keeping all of our students safe is critically important. Throughout the year we will practice emergency drills to ensure staff and students know the procedures to follow in the event of an actual emergency. To start off, we will be having a fire drill next Thursday morning.
Another way to ensure all students are safe is to ensure our students are not sharing food and snacks with each other. We have many children with serious food allergies or food intolerances. We do provide a food allergy and nut-free table to provide a safe place to eat lunch. Please help us out by reminding your children not to exchange or share food with other students.
Parking Lot: Drop off & Pick Up
- There is NO supervision prior to 8:05 a.m. so please remember to wait in front of the school until the gates open. You are required to wait with your student until the gates open and there is supervision.
- If you live close enough to walk to Fammatre, this is highly encouraged. Otherwise, you can park a block or two away from campus and walk onto campus, as the front of the school is very busy.
- If you must drive your student to school, please follow these procedures:
- The drop-off area is in the circle in front of the school.
- The lane closest to the curb is for drop-off ONLY. Please stay in your car and allow your student to exit the curbside as quickly as possible. Leadership parents and staff will help to open your car door to assist your child in getting out of the car.
- Never park across the street and ask your child to cross outside the crosswalk.
- Pull all the way forward before having your child get in or out of your car to help keep traffic moving safely and efficiently.
- If at all possible, please carpool to help us reduce the vehicle congestion in front of the school.
Parent Volunteers: If you have arranged to volunteer in your child's classroom you must fill out a parent volunteer form located on the Cambrian website. Volunteer Form. A Covid vaccine card must also be uploaded. (Parents without vaccine cards must present a negative Covid test that was taken within 5 days of their volunteer date.) All volunteers must sign in at the front office and grab a visitor badge.
Early Pick Up: If you are picking your child up early from school it's always a good idea to call the office to let us know you are on your way. Letting the teacher know a student is leaving early gives them time to help pack up their work for the day and head them down to the office. We have a parent sign-out sheet on a table in the front office and if we aren't familiar with a new family member we may ask for your I.D.
Lunch & Brunch
- Cambrian School District receives funding based on students that qualify for Free/Reduced meal program applications. Since the 22-23 school year meal program is serving meals at no cost to the Cambrian School District families, it is important that you complete the alternative household income application form (linked below) before September 25th, 2021. https://family.titank12.com/income-form/new?identifier=DWRE48. More information is included in the write-up memo below.
- We have a few parent volunteer opportunities we are in need of this school year.
School Site Council Representatives: (2-3 positions)
The School Site Council is a group of teachers, parents and classified staff that work with the principal to develop, review and evaluate the School Improvement Plan. If you are interested in being on the council or for more information please email me at email@example.com We have 3 open positions for this year.
DELAC Committee: (District English Learner Advisory Committee)
The Cambrian District English Learner Advisory Committee focuses on how the Cambrian School District is addressing the needs of students that are English Language Learners. Fammatre is looking for a few parent representatives for this committee. Meetings take place 3- 4 times a year. Please email me if you are interested at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Morning Parking Lot Valets
As you may know morning drop off traffic is very congested. To be sure all our students are safe as they enter school each day extra adults are needed to help direct cars and guide students to class.
Lunch Time Activity Leaders
Keeping students involved and active during lunch recess is vital. I am looking for a few parents to oversee activities during our student lunch recess (chess, arts & crafts, games, puzzles). If you are available to help out one or two days a week from 12:00-1:00 please send me an email at email@example.com or contact the front office.
Fammatre is excited to have two new teachers on our staff.
Mrs. Mehrotra- 3rd grade
Mrs. Geranios - RSP Teacher
Have a wonderful weekend!