A weekly update from campus...
February 5, 2016
Challenging our students is something that the faculty and I strive to do every day. Nudging our students to try a little harder, to persevere, and to keep working the problem has excellent benefits in so many ways.
Many of you experienced that first hand during our recent Math Night on campus as the students showed you what we have been doing in class. I can't tell you how many parents stopped by to visit with me that night to tell me how impressed they were at the level of which their children were learning. Thanks for that, by the way. I am always interested in your feedback.
Across the content areas and across the grade levels, we are expecting the students to bring their best thinking, to rise to their highest potential, and to perform to their greatest ability. And you know what? THEY DO!
Celebrate their hard work with them this weekend!
Norris Super Stars....
Soccer Super Star...Zach Janes
Zach Janes in Mrs. Hogan's 4th grade class plays soccer for Liverpool FC. Last weekend his team played in the Freedom Cup and they came in second place. Way to go, Zach!!!
Norris Now Surprise Guest
Norris Celebrates the 100th Day of School
Kindness Week at Norris is February 8-12. See below for our plans for the week...
Norris Students will Eat Around a Rainbow
Classroom Valentine Parties RSVP
Please follow the link at the end of this section to submit the RSVP form if you are planning to attend the Classroom Valentine Parties at Norris on Friday, February 12th at 1:45 pm.
- The DEADLINE to RSVP for the Class Valentine Parties is WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 10th at 3:00 pm. If you miss the deadline and still wish to attend the parties, you will be asked to sign in at the front office. This process is more time consuming and there will be a long line. Photo ID required!
- Please fill out the form only AFTER your ID (Driver's License) has been scanned in the front office. Feel free to come into the office to scan your license before the deadline to submit the form. Each visitor planning to attend needs to submit a form.
*Important Note: Only names that are given to the PTA Room Parent Coordinator by the class Room Parents in advance (by Wednesday February 10th) will be given volunteer badges and allowed back into the classrooms at 1:30. These parents will need to have completed a background check. Thank you for your understanding!
- NO VISITORS will be allowed on campus for any grade level on STAAR Simulation or Testing dates, including the whole week of May 9-11.
- Please have your students to school on time on these dates, as testing begins in the morning.
- February 11th: STAAR Simulation - 4th Writing; 5th Reading
- March 16th: STAAR Simulation - 3rd & 4th Reading
- March 29th: STAAR Test - 4th Writing; 5th Math
- March 30th: STAAR Test - 5th Reading
- May 9th: STAAR Test - 3rd & 4th Math
- May 10th: STAAR Test - 3rd & 4th Reading
- May 11th: STAAR Test - 5th Science
A BIG THANK YOU TO THE PTA FOR OUR SILLY STRING PARTIES!!!
February 8-12: Kindness Week at Norris
February 8: Eat Around a Rainbow at Norris lunches
February 10: RSVP for Class Valentine Parties due by 3:00 pm
February 11: STAAR Simulation - 4th Writing; 5th Reading -- NO VISITORS ON CAMPUS
February 11: Val-o-gram orders DUE (deadline extended)
February 12: Classroom Valentine Parties @ 1:45 pm
February 15: No School for Students
February 18: Spring Picture Day
February 18: Media Madness Program @ 6:30 pm
February 25: Author Visit - Cammie McGovern (3rd-5th)
February 25: General PTA Meeting & 1st Grade Performance @ 6:30 pm
February 29: 21 Day Challenge - Parent Survey Begins (must complete for credit!)
February 29-March 4: Spring Book Fair
Student Council Val-O-Grams