Author's Chair #4
Presented by: Dakota Smith
What is Author's Chair?
Why use this Strategy
-Sharing their work with classmates allows them to become authors
-Experience writing for various purposes, forms and audiences.
-Provides students with peer and teacher feedback and celebration of their work
How to use this Strategy
2. Explain how the chair will be used. Student-authors will sit in the chair and classmates sit on the floor or in chairs in front of the student presenting.
3. Sit in the author's chair. Practice doing what you as the teacher have explained.
4. Share writing. The student's read their work out loud along with showing any accompanying illustrations.
5. Invite listeners to comment. Peers can now raise their hands and provide comments, ask questions, or give compliments.
6. Call on classmates. The student in the author's chair can now call on other kids to share their thoughts.
When to use this Strategy
Common Core Standards
- Students write for various audiences
-Students publish their writing
-Students read accurately and with expression to support comprehension