Volume 2, Issue 21 Week of February 15-19
Important this Week!
- Presidents' Day/Student Holiday
- Professional Development/Jeans are appropriate attire
- Afternoon at Hajek beginning at 12:30
- Box Top Party at 2 p.m.
- Middle School of Choice Presentations from 6-8 at Centennial High School
- AFL Cohort 5 out (Atkinson, Brentz, Ply, McElroy out)
- Faculty Meeting 3:20
- Happy Birthday, Ashley Yarbrough!
- Jana out for AP Meeting in the morning.
- Iwo Jima Day and in accordance with SB 961 we will honor the memory of the heroic and courageous men and women of the armed forces who participated in the successful capture of the island.
Kinder Team Time
Jump Rope for Heart
End of 6 weeks
- 8-11 Second opportunity for TELPAS Calibration Raters
Professional Development Updates for February 15th
Feb. 15 Professional Learning Change: The two Sheltered Instruction classes have been adjusted to better accommodate our teachers. Both will be at Centennial High School: “A” for K-3rd will meet in Seminar C and “B” for 4th-8th will meet in Seminar E.
Elementary Curriculum TEA Survey:
Please take an opportunity to participate in the following survey. Your voice is important.
The Texas Education Agency (TEA) and the Meadows Center for Preventing Educational Risk (MCPER) at The University of Texas at Austin are conducting a survey to learn more about teachers’ perspectives on the literacy development of all learners and preferences for professional development. The information gathered will guide development of training modules and classroom resources designed to assist teachers in the transition from state assessments based on modified standards to the general state assessment, the State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR®). More information on this initiative is available at
Or copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser:
Learning Department Documents and Resources
Parent Interest Survey
Please encourage parents to take the time to submit feedback, which will help the district determine future elementary education opportunities for students.
Budget Deadlines-Please be Aware
March 2nd - cutoff for technology quotes
March 11th - General Fund cutoff. No cutoff for activity funds. No PA's out of 199 after
March 11th. If you have a PA, you will need to use activity.
March 28th - Last budget amendment. If you have a general fund PO pending the last budget amendment on March 28th, then that general fund PO will be the exception to the March 11th date. However, the budget amendment must be in Skyward before March 11th.