August 26, 2022
The 2022/2023 school year is upon us with our Meet Your Teacher evening next Thursday (9/1) and the first school day for first through fifth graders less than two weeks away! Needless to say, the energy level across our campus has risen steadily these past few weeks culminating with many of our incoming kindergarteners joining us this week for our Everett Ready Program. We cannot wait to see our Eagles and look forward to welcoming you across the coming weeks.
Below are a number of back-to-school updates including our Upcoming Dates section and additional information pertaining to next week's Meet Your Teacher opportunity. As always, should you have any questions or need anything in relation to the start of the new school year, please reach out or stop by our Monroe office -- we would love to see you!
Thank you in advance for reading through the below.
- Wednesday, August 31 - Teacher Assignment Notification through HAC
- Thursday, September 1 - Meet Your Teacher Event (5:00 - 6:30 pm)
- Thursday, September 1 - Watch D.O.G.S. Information Meeting (6:30 - 7:00 pm)
- Wednesday, September 7 - 1st Day of School (Grades 1-5)
- Wednesday, September 7, through Friday, September 9 - Kindergarten WaKIDS Meetings
- Monday, September 12 - 1st Day of Kindergarten
Please come by to meet your teacher!
Our annual Meet Your Teacher Night is next Thursday evening, September 1st. This is a stop-by-whenever opportunity from 5:00pm to 6:30pm. At 6:30pm, our classrooms will close, but we will host a brief Watch D.O.G.S. Information Meeting (info below) in our Monroe cafeteria for any interested parents, grandparents, etc. If you cannot make the Watch D.O.G.S. meeting, please do not worry as this information will be sent home as well in the next few weeks. Below are a few notes related to Meet Your Teacher.
Are We Early? Yes, our Meet Your Teacher evening is a bit early on the calendar but based on feedback from families last year, hosting the event on the week before works better for families than an event the night before our first day of school. That noted, we ask for your grace and understanding as our classrooms will be in-development and not yet complete for our first day of school. We are just thrilled to see you and honored to welcome you for the 2022/2023 school year!
Got Supplies? As you visit next week, please feel free to bring your school supplies with you. Our teachers will gladly accept and store these items for near-future use.
Early Teacher Notification? Your child's teacher assignment information will be available on the evening of 8/31 via our Home Access Center (HAC). As a reminder, if you need access to our HAC system, please send an email to LMS@everettsd.org with your name, student name(s), student ID#, and the school(s) they attend. Our district's LMS team will respond with your login/password to the email you have on file with the school. For more information, please click here.
In-School Medication? If your child will need to be administered any medication and/or will need to have access to occasional medication/treatments (like an Epi-pen), please know that our Health Room Assistant, Mrs. Judi Hanks, will be at our Meet Your Teacher event to greet you and intake any medications and associated documentation. Please remember that Mrs. Hanks will need a completed Everett Public Schools form (link to form) signed by your child's doctor to accept and administer medication.
Six Tips for Back to School
Monroe AM and PM Procedures
Our front parking lot provides a wonderful amount of space for daily drop-off and pick-up. Most mornings and afternoons, our parking lot is busy but efficient with "rush-hour" lasting roughly fifteen minutes at the most. However, during the first few days of school, our parking lot is far busier than normal. Please remember to add a few minutes to your normal routine and help us out by being patient during morning drop-off and afternoon pick-up.
- Students arriving by bus will enter through the school’s side door, directly adjacent to our bus loop.
- Students arriving by vehicle will enter through the school’s main door, directly adjacent to our car-rider, drop-off loop.
- Students will proceed to the cafeteria for breakfast or to their designated arrival areas with kindergarteners gathering at the front of the school in our Eagles’ Nest, first, second and third graders in our gym, and fourth/fifth graders under the covered area near our playground. All students will wait for their teacher, by class.
- As noted below, every Eagle may eat breakfast for free this year, but this is 100% optional and not expected in any regard.
- Parents/Guardians: Should you want to walk your child/children in each morning, we ask that you do not proceed past our main lobby. While we absolutely love our families, this ask is aligned with our school safety plan as it helps ensure that our building is safe and secure each and every day. The first day is always a bit different (and we understand that), but beyond September 7th, we ask that you say goodbye for the morning from our lobby - Thank you!
- Students traveling home by bus will wait in our gym for their bus to be called. A team member will escort students to each bus for loading.
- Students traveling home by vehicle will exit our school’s main door, accompanied by their teacher, and wait in the designated pick-up location for their grade level/class.
- Parents/guardians picking-up will enter our Monroe parking lot through the center lot entrance (south entrance will be closed - north entrance is designated for exiting vehicles).
- Parents/guardians choosing to park will enter and turn left to park in available parking spots in the north part of our parking lot. Please note that parking spots may be limited and exiting the parking lot will require you to merge with others picking-up via their vehicle. If you are walking up, it is absolutely imperative that you cross our crosswalk and pick up your child from in front of our school. Please note that we cannot allow our students to cross the crosswalk and enter the parking lot without an adult.
- Parents/guardians picking up via their vehicle will follow the designated traffic flow (see below graphic) and pick up their child at that grade level’s designated waiting area.
- To keep traffic flowing, please turn right onto 27th Avenue.
We ask for your patience and cooperation, especially across the first few days of the school year. Drop-off and pick-up procedures will become more efficient within the first few days. As the school year begins, we are all learning/relearning these procedures.
Your patience, support, and cooperation are truly appreciated as we work together to keep our Eagles safe!
Revised COVID Guidance for Back-to-School
Free Breakfast + Lunch at Monroe!
Stuff the Bus Backpacks
Everett Public Schools to Host Regional Meetings
October Let’s Connect! Meeting
Topic: Back to School
Date: October 6, 2022
Time: 6 - 7 p.m.
Location: Evergreen MS - Cafeteria
Questions that will be posed:
- What are the academic needs your student may have?
- What does student achievement mean to you?
On behalf of our Monroe Team, we are truly excited to serve you and your family this coming school year. Please enjoy these remaining sunny summer days and join us next Thursday for our Meet Your Teacher Night. We look forward to seeing you again soon as we fly fearlessly into the 2022/2023 school year together!
Win the Day, Eagles!
Tyler & Catarino
Principal & Assistant Principal
Monroe Elementary School