Davis/Martin Weekly Update
March 7 - 11
This Friday, March 11th, marks the end of the third quarter. 5 chapter books need to be read (and AR tests taken and passed) by this date. Students received an updated report of their progress last week and can always monitor their reading themselves by logging into their AR accounts. There will also be a chapter 8 Social Studies test on Friday.
This Thursday, students will take a second ACT Aspire Interim Assessment in all subjects. The Aspire ACT is the end of year test students will take in April. This interim assessment will help prepare students with the format and expectations for the end of year test.
Be on the lookout for spring Parent-Teacher Conference information. Forms will be sent home this week to sign up for a time on Thursday, March 17th.
Mrs. Davis & Mrs. Martin
IN READING & SOCIAL STUDIES:
- Reading/Writing: We will continue to practice close reading and responding to nonfiction with opinion-based writing.
- Week 23 Vocabulary: jostled, hearty, emotion, procrastinate
- Social Studies: Unit 4: The Revolutionary War - Chapter 8: The Colonies Unite + analyzing primary sources from this time period (specifically, the Boston Massacre). The Chapter 8 test will be this Friday, March 11th.
IN MATH & SCIENCE:
- Science: We are starting our Space unit.
- Math: We will be working on single and double digit division this week.
- We have implemented a new web-based curriculum called MobyMax in our classrooms. MobyMax is tailored to your child's individual needs, and we think you will be very impressed by how fast your child will excel while using Moby. Students will be responsible for logging in practice time. Students need to complete 1 round of Fact Fluency (unless they have 100% in all four categories) and 10 minutes of Individualized Math Lessons. The students might want to set a timer.
- Students can continue to work on Khan Academy and Front Row Math.
- Weekly Reading Log: 20 minutes of reading, 5 nights per week, DUE MONDAYS (this is averaged into your child's reading grade)
- Weekly MobyMax Log: 1 round of Fact Fluency and at least 10 minutes of Math, 5 nights per week, DUE MONDAYS (this is averaged into your child's math grade)
- Weekly Vocabulary Page: This will go home every Tuesday, and needs to be completed and returned every Wednesday
- Students will most always have math homework every night through the week, Fridays and weekends off.
- Have you downloaded the Nettleton app? If not, go to your app store and search for Nettleton Public Schools. You will be able to email staff, receive information regarding school closing and much more!
March 10: ACT Aspire Interim Assessment
Fri. March 11: (End of 3rd Quarter) Chapter 8 S. S. Test
Tues. March 15: 3rd Quarter Reward Trip (movies)
Thurs. March 17: Parent Teacher Conferences (2 - 8 p.m.)
Fri. March 18: Professional Development: NO SCHOOL
Mon. March 21 - Fri. March 25: SPRING BREAK
Thurs. March 31: Book Worm Buddies Meeting
April 25 and 26: ACT Aspire Assessment