For the Week of June 11-15 (the final edition for 17-18)
- Lapeer Community Schools is a dynamic community organization embracing our students with a quality learning environment, developing independent and confident learners for the future.
We think that each one of us is strong individually but we are even stronger when we work together.
One indicator of success that we looked at this year was our number of office referrals.
How did we do this year? Take a look at the graph below that compares the number of office referrals by month for this year compared to last year.
Being Kind and Respectful is...
being Turrill Tough!!
Excellence in all we do for our students, our schools and our community through
- Continuous improvement;
- Diligent effort; and
- Innovative design
Important Dates and Times
Office Hours during the School Year:8:15 am -- Office opens
8:35 am -- Student supervision outside of school begins (please do not leave your child unsupervised)
8:40 am -- Building opens; Students enter the building (breakfast available in the classrooms)
8:44 am -- School day begins
3:40 pm -- End of the school day
4:15 pm -- Office closes
Have a Safe and Enjoyable Summer Break!
What's Up this Week?
Monday, June 11 -
- Hallock to Skinner Lake
Tuesday, June 12 -
- 4th Grade Field Trip rescheduled to the Appledore (Fantin and half of Lawrence)
- 5th Grade Field Trip to Greenfield Village
- Catholic Charities/Truancy Prevention program from 5:00-7:00
Wednesday, June 13 –
- Volunteer Breakfast from 8:45-9:45
Thursday, June 14 -
- 4th Grade Field Trip rescheduled to the Appledore (Chaffin and half of Lawrence)
- 5th Grade Assembly Practice at 9:00
- PTC Year End Celebration 5:00-7:00
Friday, June 15 -
- 5th Grade heads to Crampton Park at 11:00
- 5th Grade EOY Celebration at 2:00 in the gym
- E5-4th Grade "Clap Up" at 3:15
- Reminder - this is the last day with students this year :)
SUMMER Office Hours:
The office will remain open from Monday, June 18th through Friday, June 22nd
The office will reopen on Monday, July 23rd
BACK to SCHOOL OPEN HOUSE
- Monday, July 30 from 4:00-6:00
First Day of School
- Tuesday, July 31
PTC End of the Year Carnival
Thursday, June 14th, 5-7pm
Turrill Elementary Playground
Come and join us celebrate the hard work our staff and students displayed throughout the school year!
Kindergarten EOY Celebration
Friday, June 15th, 1:45pm
785 South Elm Street
Grilling hot dogs and Parents are Invited!
Turrill' s End of Year Celebration Order of Events
Friday, June 15th, 2:30pm
785 South Elm Street
2:30-3:15: 5th Grade Assembly (gym will be open for seating at 2:15)
2:30: Welcome speech by Principal
2:40-2:50 Berry's class recognized
2:50-3:00 Hoganson's class recognized
3:00-3:10 Short's class recognized
3:15 – 3:25: E5-4th grade "Clap Up"
E5-4th Grade will be dismissed by announcement to parade through the gym. Parents are welcome to join the parade with their child.
3:25: 5th Grade Group picture with Sign (gives other classes time to get back to classrooms to prepare for Clap Out)
3:30: 5th Grade "Clap Out" (Pomp and Circumstance playing across School PA)