body image, media
My definition of body image and, beauty
1. tight stomach, big butt, beautiful face, blue eyes, about 5'5 that's my definition of beauty. I think all girls should feel beautiful but should also strive to be better looking.
2. A way to not judge others is to just think of everyone as beautiful human beings.
3. 10 facts about eating disorders:
- "Eating disorders are categorized as mental illnesses where there is an unhealthy relationship with food."
- "People with eating disorders often struggle with body image and disrupts their normal activities with unusual eating habits to alter their appearance."
- "There are 3 main eating disorders:Anorexia Nervosa, fear of gaining weight or becoming fat, Bulimia Nervosa, the act of binge eating then purging or vomiting, and Binge Eating Disorder, eating until uncomfortably full in one sitting"
- "Eating disorders can be genetic or caused by psychological issues like coping skills, control issues, trauma, family trouble, or social issues. Each type of eating disorder has many possible causes."
- "Approximately 24 million people in the U.S. struggle with an eating disorder. Almost 50% of these people also meet the criteria for depression."
- "A mere 10% of people with eating disorders receive treatment, and of those only 35% seek treatment from a facility that specializes in eating disorders."
- "In a college campus survey, 91% of the women admitted to controlling their weight through dieting. 22% said they dieted “often” or “always.”
- "Eating disorders have the highest mortality rate of any mental illness. For women ages 15 to 24, the mortality rate of anorexia is 12 times higher than any other cause of death."
- "More than 50% of teen girls and nearly 33% of teen boys admit to using unhealthy methods to control their weight including smoking cigarettes, skipping meals, fasting, vomiting, or taking laxatives."
- "An estimated 25%t of college-age girls resort to bingeing and purging to manage their weight. 58% of the studied girls felt social pressure to maintain a certain size."
1. Dont look so down on yourself
2. workout to help your body and your mind
3. If someone compliments you take what they say seriously and remember it
4. surround yourself with positive and nice people
5. Don't self-harm, seeing you scars in the mirror can keep you in depression