In order to provide additional instruction before our next round of testing, 5th-grade classes have been regrouped. We are very excited to be able to provide each of our students with targeted instruction in areas where they need additional support. This change took place and will continue until further notice. Your student will continue to go to their homeroom teacher each morning and attend specials with the homeroom class. If you have any questions, please contact your student’s teacher.
THE LAST 6 WEEKS OF THE SCHOOL YEAR
Week of April 22nd
- Dress Code: Please make sure your student is following dress code daily. Leggings worn under shorts and skirts must be a solid approved color. Light jackets worn indoors must be in dress code as well.
- Class Dojo is an important form of communication that we use often. Some subject reviews, important class information, and messages are sent through this app/website, so please make sure you are checking it daily.
- Please continue to check your student's planner daily. This is a great resource for communication.
- SNACK Reminder: Because 5th-grade lunch is not until 12:20, we are allowing 5th graders to bring a HEALTHY snack. The snack must be something they can eat while continuing to work, and the snack must not require a spoon and cannot be messy.
Education Galaxy is an awesome new resource for our campus. Please have your student log on for extra practice at home. The parent letter is below.
April 22-No School
April 25 - PK Round-Up 1-6 PM at Live Oak
April 30- Painting with the Hawks- 6:30 pm ROE Cafeteria
May 13- 5th-grade STAAR 2nd administration Math
May 14 - 5th-grade STAAR 2nd administration Reading
May 15 - 5th grade Science STAAR
May 22 - ROE Field Day
May 24 - Last Day of School Hawk Assembly and Early Release
Subject Content and "I Can" statements
- Appreciating Literary Nonfiction and Drama.
- I can understand, make inferences and draw conclusions about the varied structural patterns and features of literary nonfiction.
- Please make sure your student is reading every night. To increase stamina for the STAAR test, our students need to read at least 20 minutes a day.
- Problem Solving
- I can use math strategies to solve problems.
I can use strategies to review science content TEKS: 5.5A-5.10B
- Civil War
- I can identify the effects of the civil war including reconstruction
ROE Campus Newsletter
5th Grade Teachers Contact Information and link to teacher web page
Our conference time is 8:00-8:45 daily