Mashburn Elementary Blue Bear Notes
May 13, 2016
- May 18 Digital Learning Day/Ties, Tutus & T-shirt Day
- May 20 PTA Meeting @ 2:15 in the Cafe
- May 24 Spirit Night at Rosati’s 5-10 PM
- May 26 Fifth Grade Graduation
- May 27 Last Day of School, Pre-K Graduation 9:00-9:30
- May 31-June 1 Kindergarten Screenings
- August 2 Open House 9:00-10:30AM (Kindergarten), 4:30-6:30PM (Grades 1-5)
In the month of May we will focus on The Time is Now. The Time is Now teaches us that all your power exists in the moment. You cannot change the past and the future has not yet happened, so the only thing to do is take purposeful action in the present.
The four elements of The Time is Now are:
Embrace Every Moment- squeeze the most out of your experiences
Get in the Zone- think before you act
Let Yourself Be Vulnerable- attack a risk or face a fear!
Act on Purpose- take meaningful action towards your dreams
Create a vision board and develop an action plan with your children. Teach them how to prioritize, and encourage them to take positive and purposeful action toward their dreams. Sometimes, small steps can make the biggest difference, simply by taking action. It’s okay to plan, but while many people wait for the perfect plan or moment in time before they act, the happiest and most successful individuals take action all the time… even (and especially) when their plans aren’t perfect.
Mashburn PTA will hold their final general membership meeting to address some budget amendments on Friday May 20 at 2:15 pm in the cafeteria..
New Kindergarten Dates
- May 31, 2016 and June 1, 2016 - Kindergarten Screening for all upcoming kindergarteners. Please visit the Sign Up Genius link to reserve your time: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/20F0F48AFA828AA8-kindergarten1
- August 2, 2016 – Kindergarten Open House will be held at a separate time from 9:00am-10:30am. All other grades will be from 4:00pm-6:30pm. This is a fun time for our new kindergarten students to ride the bus to school, see your classroom, meet your teacher, and learn all about kindergarten routines and procedures.
Digital Learning Day
Be a Mentor!
As we come to the end of another school year, Forsyth County Food Services will no longer allow Negative charges to student accounts effective after meal service on Friday, May 6th 2016.
To ensure that your child can continue to enjoy school meals or to clear your student’s account of any negative balances, please send a payment (cash or check) to the school, or visit www.MyPaymentsPlus.com to make a payment online.
Al llegar al final de otro año escolar, el Servicio de Alimentos del condado de Forsyth ya no permitirá tener balances negativos en las cuentas de los estudiantes después del servicio de comida del viernes, 6 de mayo del año en curso. Para asegurarse de que su hijo pueda seguir disfrutando de las comidas escolares o para evitar que la cuenta de su estudiante entre en saldo negativo, por favor, envíe un pago (efectivo o cheque) a la escuela, o visite www.MyPaymentsPlus.com para hacer un pago en línea.
ESOL Parent Meeting/Breakfast
** SAVE the DATE **
ESOL Parent Meeting/Breakfast
ALL ESOL parents are encouraged to attend!
Friday, May 20, 2016
9:00am in the Media Center
** Reserve el Dia **
Una reunión/desayuno está planeada para todos
los Padres de estudiantes de ESOL.
El viernes, 20 de mayo
a las 9:ooam en la biblioteca
(espero verlos a todos)
Lost and Found
Parents and Students: We have MANY, MANY, MANY coats, jackets, scarves, sweatshirts, and other items in our lost and found. Please stop by before the end of school and take a look if you have misplaced something. There’s a good chance we have it! We cannot store items over the summer, so anything left behind will be donated to a local charity at the end of the year.
From the Clinic
5th Grade Pool Party
We are proud of our 5th graders! Let’s celebrate by enjoying a Luau Pool Party at the Aquatic Center on May 20th from 5:30-7:30pm. Pay $10 at the door. Mashburn students only, and a parent must be present.
Please confirm your attendance at the following link: