Moving 15 Forward News & Updates
Stay informed on Moving 15 Forward news and updates with this newsletter!
January 13, 2023
What’s happened since the referendum was approved?
The Moving 15 Forward team continues to meet weekly to go over next steps and upcoming projects. All of our staff have been working diligently behind the scenes on all things Moving 15 Forward! Our Facilities and Maintenance team is hard at work on construction preparations.
Our Human Resources Department is working with staff to ensure a smooth transition for any staff changes in the coming years. Our Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources, Lisa Nuss, has been going to each of our schools to be available for any questions from staff who may be interested in making a change.
The District has also been discussing the school calendar and the possibility of creating a longer summer in 2024 to accommodate the necessary construction projects. Once the Board has reviewed and approved any changes to a calendar, it will be shared with the D15 community.
Construction Project Updates:
- Phase 1 construction is planned for late spring/June 2023.
- Phase 2 construction is planned for August 2024 and will include a substantial completion of additions and renovations.
- Thomas Jefferson’s (Phase 1) bid had a strong response and was approved by the Board at the December 13, 2022 meeting.
- Plum Grove’s (Phase 1) bid opened on December 21, 2022, and will be on the agenda for Board approval at the January 18, 2023 meeting.
- Walter R. Sundling’s (Phase 1) bid will be open on February 23, 2023, and will be on the agenda for Board approval at the March 8, 2023 meeting.
How does the bid process work?
All purchases made and contracts entered by District 15 are in accordance with Illinois law. All contracts are approved or authorized by the Board of Education or its designee. Those in excess of $25,000 are made in accordance with the state bidding procedure unless specifically exempted by the Illinois School Code.
You can view all of the Bids and Requests for Proposals on our District website.