Room 104 News: Issue 18
April 8th 2016
This week in 104
We have been measuring things. We looked at height and weight and you can even measure time!
On Monday we had a jump rope for heart assembly, the lady told us we could win prizes if we raise money for heart research.
We loved today's pizza lunch. This afternoon the librarian from Amesbury came to visit and she read us a funny story called "Moo".
have a good week
from Team 104
Information and Reminders!
- On May 3rd Joyce P.S. is hosting a free family science night. It looks like a lot of fun. There are 4 wonderful activities to choose from. It will be a lovely way to spend time with your child. Please see the flyer that came home today for more information and send the completed form back to school by April 26th if you would like to attend.
- Wednesday, April 13th is International Day of Pink. On this day everyone is encouraged to wear pink to stand up to bullies and celebrate diversity.
- We WILL NOT change Library books this coming week. Please keep the book and enjoy reading it together. A few families have NOT returned their books for a long time. If this is you please spend some time looking for the book this weekend so we can get you back on track. READING IS FUN!!!
- Thank you to the students that are remembering to bring their mailbags back to school every day. We never know when we will have notes etc. to send home so please make sure the bag is sent in EVERY day.
- Poetry Folders come home every Friday, please have fun reading the poems/songs together. Make sure the folders come back to school in the mailbag on Monday so we can add the new page.
- REMINDER: we go outside every day so please make sure your child has clothes suitable for the weather at school every day.
- Many of the children have the same or very similar clothing and they do not always know which items belong to them. This is taking up a lot of our time and causing some upset feelings. Please, please help us out by making sure that all removable clothing has your child's name written on the inside label. Thank you.
Show and Tell: April: Helping our Earth!
Earth Day is April 22nd, so for April's show and tell we are asking the children to tell their friends one thing they can do to help the earth and our environment, e.g. use reusable drink containers instead of juice boxes, turn off lights when leaving the room etc.
Here are the special helpers for next week.
Monday, April 11th: Charles
Tuesday, April 12th: Jonathan
Wednesday, April 13th: Sumayyah
Thursday, April 14th: Anika and Rochay
Friday, April 15th: PA DAY
Wednesday, April 15th: Pink Day, wear something pink to show you are against bullying
Thursday, April 14th: "The Friend Ship" presentation by the Suitcase Theatre
Thursday, April 14th: Scholastic orders due
Friday, April 15th: PD day, no school for students
Wednesday, April 20th: Jump Rope for Heart event
Friday, April 22nd: Earth Day all day assembly
Tuesday, April 26th: Last day to send in the Family Science Night registration form
Friday, April 29th: Character Education Assembly
Monday, May 2nd: Music Monday
Tuesday, May 3rd: Family Science Night at Joyce
Toronto Public Library has a wonderful website for children, called Kids space. Follow the link below to a site where you can read stories, listen to stories or even write your own. You will also find other games and fun activities to do.http://www.torontopubliclibrary.ca/kidsspace/
Please do not forward this email to others!
If you wish to unsubscribe from the list, please email me.