May 2, 2016
Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!
“A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.” ― Henry Adams.
Thank you for all that you do for our students each and every day. Your passion, care, and energy are an inspiration to me and truly help our students to achieve at high levels.
- Congratulations to Marissa Cohen and the Junior Class Officers on a wonderful 2016 Prom.
- Congratulations to the FHN Choir who received superior ratings in 4 out of 5 events. Way to go!!!
- Congratulations to FHN DECA for a successful trip to Nationals. Two students made it the final round in their category.
- Congratulations to the Guidance Department on hosting a great College Night and the 2nd Annual Academic Signing!
5 Quick Facts
Cheryl Lombardo-Special Education
#1: Married 39 years. Born and raised in Illinois, and lived in Kansas City, Colorado, Oklahoma, and now St Charles.
#2: Have 2 sons, Chad Lombardo age 32 and Brett Lombardo age 28
#3: My first grandchild was born April 2016 - Eve Grace Lombardo
#4: I love pets, have 2 dogs and 2 birds
#5: I enjoy quality time with my family, reading, traveling, and drive a jeep
This is the link for the General Building Inventory due by May 9th. Some of you may have other links as well. Thank you.
Tools for your Toolbox:
Jeopardy – White Board Hold-up Game!
Below is the link with all the information to put together a Jeopardy review game for your students. With final exams just around the corner, this could be used as a review.
As we get closer to the end of the year, please make sure you keep students in the classroom until the bell rings and that students are not traveling in the hallway without a pass.
The Climate Committee invites you to help us cheer on the Varsity Baseball Knights as they take on the Jaguars of Fort Zumwalt West on Tuesday, May 3rd. Bring your camping/lawn chairs, friends, and family up to the baseball field at 4:15. Popcorn and soda will provided.
EOC and ACT Testing Window
4/25- 5/3 Alg 1 and Bio
Final Exam Schedule
5/17-1, 2, 7
Specific times will be coming
AP tests will take place from May 2, 2016 to May 20, 2016. Stephanie Johnson has sent out information regarding testing via email.
DATES FOR THE FUTURE
- AP Testing May 2-May 20
- May 2nd-Howell of Fame Cermony
- May 3rd-Graduation Practice, Senior Panoramic, Senior Breakfast, and Sophomore Ring
- May 4th-Faculty Meeting
- May 6-Exemption Forms due
- May 11-Senior Awards
- May 16-Locker Clean Out
- May 17-Final Exams-1,2 and 7
- May18-Final Exams-HR, 3,and 4
- May 19-Final Exams-HR,5 and 6
- May20th last day for teachers (unless you logged 3.5 hours earlier and checked out on the 19th)
- June 4th-Graduation @10;00
- July 28 and July 29 schedule pick up
- August 1--1/2 meeting and 1/2 workday
- August 2--Building PD
- August 3-Meeting Day
- August 4--Transition Day
- August 5--1/2 PD
- August 8--1/2 workday
- August 9--First day of school