December 13, 2019
Here is What Happened this Week!
- Secret Shop was a HUGE success! Thank you to our PTO and all the students and families for your participation. We think our Warwick Bear family members are going to be receiving some pretty cool gifts this holiday.
- We had Band Rehearsal on Monday.
- Our 4th Grade took a field trip to the DiVinci Center on Tuesday. We thank our teachers, support staff, and parents for organizing and chaperoning this fun and interactive learning experience.
- Grade 1-6 students had early dismissal yesterday and today. There were also no Kindergarten classes yesterday or today.
- We had a quick and safe Fire Drill yesterday. Students were given time to put on their coats, etc. before the drill.
- The PTO provided a beautiful and delicious Staff Luncheon yesterday. Thank you!
What's Happening Next?
- There is no school for Kindergarteners on Monday or Tuesday, December 16 and 17.
- There is a Band Rehearsal planned for Monday during school. Remember to bring your instruments.
- Peer Mentors meet on Monday, December 16, after school until 4:45 PM.
- Orchestra Rehearsal is scheduled for Thursday, December 19, at 8 AM.
- Our Winter Sing-Along is on Thursday, December 19.
- Homerooms are having winter holiday parties throughout the week. Check your homeroom communications for more details.
- Sewing Club meets on Friday, December 20, at 7:30 AM.
- We have early dismissal for students on Friday, December 20. Dismissal is at 12:25 PM.
- Students and staff are encouraged to have fun this last day of school before the Winter Break by dressing for a Winter Spirit Day!
- We return to school after Winter Break on January 2, 2020.
Click here to see more events planned for Warwick during this school year.
Boomerang Video Project ReQUEST!
This school year, students and staff at Warwick Elementary will produce a Boomerang Special Announcement to support nominations for Asset 17, Creative Activities: Young person spends 3 or more hours per week in lessons or practicing music, theater, or the arts. As a coordinator, I will be taking photos of actors and singers preparing for our school play, students practicing for band and orchestra, as well as Art class at Warwick Elementary. When I have discussed this with students, they have shared with me that they are involved in many arts-related programs outside of school, such as acting, art, martial arts, dance, and more. We would like to collect photos of your children practicing creative activities outside of school. Please email related photos to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “Asset 17.” Photos collected may be used in a video that will be shared with the Warwick school community, as well as other district schools. Please forward photos via email by December 20, 2019.
Mr. SidelinkerQUEST teacher
December Reading Connections
Get Ready for Winter Break BINGO!
The Gift of Kindness
Warwick's December Library Newsletter
Kindergarten registration begins on November 19! Families of new students who are eligible to enroll in kindergarten in the 2020-2021 school year are invited to begin the registration process. Get the details on eligibility, what documents to gather, and how to navigate the online registration process at www.cbsd.org/registration. We look forward to welcoming the class of 2032!
Dr. Kopicki's Community Connections
Tuesday, Jan. 14th 2020 at 6pm
Warwick Elementary School, Jamison, PA, USA
Blood Drive in Memory of Alison Greenberg
Friday, Feb. 14th 2020 at 1-6pm
Warwick Elementary School, Jamison, PA, USA
Thank you to everyone who checked out our last Weekly. Here is a look at how many that was from our Analytics...
Before parents and guardians can volunteer, they must have all necessary clearances. Click here so you are ready when volunteer opportunities arise.
Use this link to update your student's emergency information, check attendance, see immunizations, and more.
- Previous Warwick Weeklies
- Warwick Parent/Guardian Handbook
- Library Newsletters: Check out upcoming events, what books are hot, and what students in each grade are learning in the Warwick Library!
- Having trouble finding that next great book to read. Try the "What Should I Read Next website: https://whatshouldireadnext.com.
- My Payments Plus
- Lunch Menu
- Apply for Free/Reduced Breakfast & Lunch
- Teacher Web Pages
- Parent/Guardian Volunteer Requirements
- PTO: Web Page and Letter from our President
- When to Keep your Student Home from School for Illness
- CBSD Mobile App - Parents and guardians can get a FREE CB App to keep up with all things Warwick and CB.
- Before/Aftercare at Warwick
- Parent Portal - Ongoing student progress reporting and more.
- CB Cares Education Foundation's Backpack Newsflash
- E-Friday Folder
- We Want to Hear from You - An online place to record feedback for us on how we did each week
Help Support Warwick
You can support Warwick while you shop. It is easy! Here is how...
- Giant A+: Go to https://giantfoodstores.com/ and select SIGN IN or REGISTER. Once Logged in, select MY ACCOUNT, then MANAGE MY ACCOUNT, then REWARDS & SAVINGS. You will need your 11-digit BONUSCARD number and school ID number which is 26483. If you need assistance, call 1-888-814-4268 option 1.
- Box Tops: Stay tuned for NEW information on how to "clip" Box Tops without using scissors at all!
- Amazon Smile: Go to Amazon Smile and use the search feature to find Warwick Elementary PTO in Jamison, PA. When shopping at Amazon, use Amazon Smile to benefit Warwick.
Thank you for your continued support!
Click here to learn more about our amazing PTO and how you can get involved!
Follow us on Twitter
Get Warwick Tweets by following @CBWarwickElem on Twitter. Or you can view our Twitter feed by visiting our Warwick home page.
Follow/Like us on Facebook
New this year, Warwick has its own Facebook Page. We will use this to communicate highlights and upcoming events much like we do using Twitter.
Follow the instructions to download the free CBSD app to stay connected with all of your selected CBSD schools.