Updates and Reminders
March 11, 2021
A Few Highlights!
1. Please remember to change your clocks on Sunday, March 14 for the beginning of Daylight Saving Time. "Spring Forward"
2. Spring Break 2021 is Monday, March 22 - Friday, April 2. Please plan accordingly! Happy Easter on Sunday, April 4!
3. We appreciate everyone's diligent and intentional efforts to keep everyone safe and healthy. Social distancing, masks, contact tracing, hand sanitizing, staying home when feeling ill, and vaccinations are important actions toward ending the pandemic. Please keep it up over Spring Break and Easter gatherings. We aim for in person instruction for the remaining weeks of the school year!
4. Please click on the following buttons for important information. We aim to keep you informed!
- "Teacher Tuesday" with Linsay Osos, Social Studies Teacher, CHS
- Kindergarten Round-up 2021 Information
- 2021-22 Little Cadets Preschool Information
- School Board Meeting Summary, March 10, 2021
- Employment opportunities. Please consider serving our school district by joining our team as a substitute teacher, bus driver, or custodian.
- Quick Links to Maintain Communication!
- Food Service Updates - FREE breakfast and lunch meals for ALL Students through September 30, 2021!
- 2020-21 Revised Academic Calendar
- 2021-22 Academic Calendar
5. Effective January 13, 2021, our school board meetings will begin at 6:00 pm. The meetings will be held in the cafeteria at Cascade Middle School, 6423 S. CR 200 W, Clayton, IN 46118. The monthly meetings will be held on the second Wednesday of each month.
The MCCSC Plan for COVID-19
Our Guiding Principles
- Adapting personal behaviors to ensure everyone's health.
- Respecting the necessity of some inconveniences and forego some favored activities.
- Demonstrating flexibility and resilience to adapt to the fluid situation.
We appreciate your flexibility and understanding of the transitions necessary. The 2020-21 school year will be a series of ebb and flow. We aim to provide in person instruction, although certain factors may necessitate a change to Extended Home Learning for a period of time (i.e. staffing scarcity, executive orders, etc.). After each transition, we plan to return to in person instruction. The safety protocols in place in our schools (cleaning, hand sanitizing, social distancing, wearing a mask, contact tracing, staying home when ill, etc.) are effective. We must all do our part outside of our schools as well to assist in mitigating the spread!
Hendricks County moved to the Blue Level for community spread on Wednesday, March 3. Our efforts have made a difference especially since Hendricks County was in the Red Level in December! Our medical officer has approved our plans to continue to offer in person instruction and continue to offer our extra-curricular activities. His approval is based on our continued safety measures (masks, social distancing, hand washing, hand sanitizing, contact tracing, cleaning & disinfecting, and staying home when symptomatic) and adjustments in spectator attendance at our extra-curricular events. The information button below provides details on Pre-K - 12 recommendations for each level of community spread.
Please click on the buttons below for our IDOH updates, MCCSC Dashboard, Governor Holcomb's Executive Order February 25, Exposure guidance, and guidance on COVID-19 Screening. Be in the KNOW!
CHS "National Blue Ribbon School" and CMS "Schools to Watch"
Please click on the following links to enjoy some of the best aspects of Mill Creek Community School Corporation. We have successes galore and the pursuit of EXCELLENCE in all of our programs continues!
Thanks for all you do to provide support, insistence, and high expectations!
We are small schools . . . BIG OPPORTUNITIES!
We are ...
- "A" rated school corporation
- "A" rated schools
- Four Star Schools
- eLearning School Corporation
- Riley Children's Foundation Miracle School Corporation
- Cascade High School - 2018 National Blue Ribbon School Recipient
- Cascade Middle School - 2020 Schools to Watch Recipient
Jim Diagostino, Ed.S.
Mill Creek Community School Corporation
Excellence in Achievement, Attitude, and Actions
Small Schools . . . BIG OPPORTUNITIES