Sunday, November 8, 2020
Mrs. Hladun's Tidings
We have officially finished our first trimester of learning, and although it was unlike any other, I'm so proud of the perseverance and tenacity of our teachers, students, parents and staff.
I know our teachers look forward to meeting with each family (via Meet) later this month to check in on their child's progress and establish a plan for the remainder of the year. If you haven't yet scheduled your conference, please visit https://www.canyoncreeksoftware.com/scheduler/ca/wpu/ and use the password 95648.
Important Reminder for families of our Gr. 1-5 in person learners - your child is in class for 195 minutes of instruction, but they are expected to participate in 230 min (gr. 1-3) or 240 min (gr. 4-5) of learning daily. Every teacher in gr. 1-5 has assigned some independent work to be completed at home daily. Examples of independent work include iReady minutes, silent reading, music and science lessons and/or finishing classwork. Your teacher has his/her independent work listed in an engagement log on his her Google Classroom or recorded in your student's planner. Please check in with your child and/or teacher to ensure that at home learning is happening daily. Students in TK and K are in class for all of their required learning minutes, so at home tasks will be occasional.
This Week's Most Important Thing - Veterans Day
Our district is launching a new communication portal called Parent Square. We are already using Parent Square for district and LCES communications, and eventually, we'll also use it at the classroom level to fill out forms and sign documents, to sign up for conferences (in 2021), to get volunteers, pay for activities and more!
There is a Parent Square website, and an app you can download. You will automatically receive email notifications from us with no action, but if you want to have full access to all the resources, you'll need to activate your account. Simply visit parentsquare.com and click on "Sign In" or revisit the invitation email the district sent you back on 10/29. There is also a Parent Square App that is very user friendly - simply search for Parent Square in your Android or Apple app store!
If you have any questions, visit this link for FAQ and more information from our district office.
Sami's Circuit Family Night! Tues., 11/10 at 6 pm
Sami is hosting a Family Night on Tuesday, 11/10 at 6 pm. To sign up, visit:
This month, Sami is hosting a BRAND NEW Attendance Raffle. Like before, kids will get a secret password at the end of the event, but Sami will be featuring the school with the highest attendance (determined by raffle entries) on the next family night event. Let's represent LCES and enter the raffle - I'll let you know if we win!
The theme this month is "Circuit of Power" and there is a special field trip destination, too! See you there!
Virtual Book Fair!
Dear Parents and Families:
The Scholastic Book Fair is back! While the Fair will be exclusively held online this year, we still plan on making it a fun and joyous experience for our kids. Features include:
* Lincoln Crossing Elementary School’s own online store, with a large selection of titles, at the right price points
* A Virtual Fair so you and your kids can experience the magic of the school shopping experience. Browse titles by grade, meet popular authors, and discover the comfort and joy of our Fair
* Every dollar you spend will benefit our school directly (25% back in rewards!)
Save these dates and view our school’s Fair site:
Fair Dates: 11/16/2020 – 11/29/2020
Online Store: https://www.scholastic.com/bf/lincolncrossingelemschool (the site will open on 11/16 for browsing!)
We can’t wait to “see” you at the Fair!
If you are looking for ways to relax before school, during a break, or after school, check out our virtual calming corner and other mindfulness resources plus helpful tips for parents to support their child's anxiety - click here!
This week, Ms. St. John will be exploring ways to use our 'animal senses' to be mindful of our environment and our experience. Visit our youtube page/Colt Neighborhood playlist to view all of Ms. St. John's videos, or visit this week's video here.
Non-School Days & District Calendar Links
NON-SCHOOL DAYS or SPECIAL DAYS
- Wed., 11/11: Veterans Day / no school
- Mon., 11/16-Fri., 11/20: Conference Week
- Mon., 11/23-Fri., 11/27: Thanksgiving Break / no school
- Mon., 12/21-Mon., 1/4: Winter Break / no school
- Mon., 1/18: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day / no school
- Fri., 2/12-Mon., 2/15: Mini February Break / no school
- Fri., 3/26: Public Safety (PS) Day*
- Mon., 3/29-Fri., 4/2: Spring Break / no school
- Mon., 4/5: Public Safety (PS) Day*
- Mon., 5/31: Memorial Day / no school
- Fri., 6/11: Last Day of School
*Fri., 3/26 and Mon., 4/5 are Public Safety (PS) Days - PS days are non student and non teacher word days unless they are needed as make-up days for prior Public Safety closures (smoke, power outages, etc...)
Stay in Touch!
- Check our our website and our community calendar of activities; access PeachJar (our flier hub) directly here!
- Stay informed via ParentSquare here
- Download our free app and get notifications on your phone
- Follow us on Social Media (links above), including Instagram at @lcescolts
- Check us out on YouTube at http://youtube.com/c/JenniferHladunLCES