Oak Ridge High School's Newsletter
From the Principal ...
Just a reminder that Spring Break starts for Students on Friday, March 11th. Staff will be working on Friday - but students will get to enjoy an extra day off!
Grades are not finalized until after teachers return from break so Student Access and Parent Access will not have report cards or updated information until after teachers return from break.
Safe Travels to ORHS AFJROTC and ORHS Fine Arts as they travel to Washington, D.C. and Orlando, respectively.
Also good luck to Softball and Baseball as they start district play soon. And keep cheering for Track and Soccer teams as they are in their seasons.
Please be safe and have a restful Spring Break!
Carson Cooper won the Hornet Invitational this past weekend by 9 strokes
with rounds of 70 and 71. This was Carson's 3rd victory of the year!!
The team of Cooper, Taylor Morgan, Austin Mitchell, Charles Parlour and Kaden Burt
finished 5th overall.
MaKayla Miller won Reserve Champion Steer.
Great day for all the kids with numerous 4th and 5th places as well.
ADTS – Moody Gardens, Galveston
The Liberty Belles competed at Moody Gardens in Galveston in the American Dance/Drill Team competition on March 4-5.
- The team was awarded a Sweepstakes for receiving Division 1 ratings in three routines.
- They received Judge’s Awards for outstanding Pom.
- They won Line of Silver Outstanding Team Choreography and Presentation.
- They placed 2nd runner up in the Super Team division.
- The officers were awarded a Sweepstakes for receiving Division 1 ratings in three routines.
- They received a Gussie Nell Davis Award for earning a 93 or more for every routine from every judge.
- They won Line of Bronze Outstanding Precision.
- They were named 3rd runner up in the Officer Super division.
- The Dance Troupe was 1st Place Winners the large ensemble division.
- The duet of Hernandez and Hoffman was 1st place winner duet.
- Ms. Barber was awarded the Outstanding Director of the contest.
Congratulations to all the Liberty Belles on such a successful season!
Please join the Liberty Belles, Oak Ridge Dance and the Irons Liberty Stars
for their final performances of the season.
Their Spring Show will be in the Auditorium at ORHS at Saturday, April 2nd at 7 pm.
Come out for a wonderful evening of Dance!
STATE SPECIAL OLYMPICS POWERLIFTING
The One Act Play has advanced!!
They will compete in the bi-district round on 3/24 at Westfield.
Lindsay LaFollette - Best Technician
Johnathan Maupin - Honorable Mention All Star Cast
Topher Cezeaux - Honorable Mention All Star Cast
Laneya Stevenson - All Star Cast