SHS Weekly Update
August 20, 2021
A few reminders:
- At dismissal we need the back part of the main lot clear in order to get the busses out. Please pull in and park until your child comes out, otherwise the traffic can back up into Lunn and busses can't get in.
- We have a dress code at SHS. Students should not be wearing clothing that is not part of that code. While we try to understand that warm weather affects how we dress it is still school and students should be dressed appropriately. Students wearing tank tops, shirts that are are well above their waistlines, covering their heads with hoodies, etc. will be asked to change their clothing. This is not a gender issue but the environment is school and dressing for the appropriate location is why we have a dress code in the first place. My example is that students would dress a certain way for a job interview because that is the expectation in that scenario. We dress appropriate to where we are going and school is an environment in which we have a dress code.
- Masks are optional and is a family decision. Our students have the choice and as such have the right to make that choice. We will not tolerate any form of harassment or allow for verbal commenting on other student's decision on wearing masks. We will follow the code of conduct for any student that feels the need to "make fun" of any other student.
- We do not have an open campus at SHS. Students can't leave for lunch and return to the building. Students should be having lunch at the school.
- The last day to change schedules is Monday, please contact the counselors for any changes.
- I am putting the link to our handbook in this newsletter.
Student Council helps Freshman figure out where there classes are located.
Students get their Chromebooks.
Students get into the media center to see what resources are available.
OPEN HOUSE - Tuesday August 24, 2021
Bus Stops. Due to being outdoors, students are not required to wear facial coverings at their bus stop.
On The Bus. Unless a facial covering exemption is on file, per the CDC, all students and staff are required to wear facial coverings while riding District transportation.
Seating. There will be a maximum of two (2) students per seat with students in the same household seated together. All students will have assigned seating.
Here Comes the Bus App
As a reminder, parents can stay updated on their child’s bus location to and from school through the Here Comes the Bus app. You can CLICK HERE for the directions on how to download the app (or access via the website) and register to see your child’s bus. Please follow the linked directions and enter the listed school code for our district.
Note. To make the app function, our student information system communicates with our routing software and then our routing software communicates with the app. We are aware that the app is not working for some students and will say you are unable to add your student in the app as the student last name and ID do not match our records. Please know that we are working with the applicable providers to identify and correct this issue.
Dr. Cameron M. Ryba
60 SECONDS WITH THE SUPERINTENDENT
JILL BUSH EARNS OHIO SCHOOL BUS DRIVER OF THE YEAR
JOIN THE SCS CREW!
Interested students should contact Scott Benson (440.572.7032 / email@example.com).
STRONGSVILLE INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC BOOSTERS MATTRESS SALE - SAT. 8/28
STRONGSVILLE DECA PROGRAM RECEIVES INTERNATIONAL HONOR
JOIN SHS ATHLETIC BOOSTERS
JOIN STRONGSVILLE INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC BOOSTERS
IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENTS FOR INCOMING 12TH GRADERS FOR THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR
Please note the following immunization requirements from the Ohio Department of Health
All students entering 12th grade need to receive the following immunizations prior to entering 12th grade: Two (2) doses of Meningococcal [MCV4] vaccine
Incoming 12th graders will need to show proof of having received these vaccines before they can return to school for the 2021-22 school year (exemptions are provided for under law, call for more information).
Click HERE for the form to confirm immunizations for 12th graders
Section 3313.671 of the Ohio Revised Code states that students who do not provide documentation of this immunization will be excluded from school on the 15th day after entrance, until proof is provided.
STAY SAFE. SPEAK UP!
A-Di Mrs. Coblentz - firstname.lastname@example.org
Do-Je Mr. Young - email@example.com
Ji-Mr Ms. Davidson - firstname.lastname@example.org
Principal Bill Wingler email@example.com 440-572-7127
Students whose last names begin with:
A-G Susan Harb firstname.lastname@example.org
H-O Eric Kassel email@example.com
P-Z Sean Collins firstname.lastname@example.org
Supervisor of Secondary Curriculum: Brian Tumino email@example.com
Athletic Director: Denny Ziegler firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Education Coordinator: Drew Kuzmickas email@example.com
Picture Day is September 14th. Order forms will be sent home with your student the first week of school.
Attention Seniors: Your yearbook photo must be taken with Lifetouch. You may have your photo taken on picture day for the yearbook. If you do not have your photo taken on picture day, you will need to call Lifetouch directly at 800-736-4775 to schedule an appointment at their location.
The picture day flyer is attached below.
Join the PTA!
Welcome to the 2021-2022 school year! We hope you had a fun and relaxing summer! As always we’re here to support our students, teachers, staff and school by various fundraisers and events, including After Prom! Meetings are held the second Thursday of each month at 9:30am at SHS, and are always informative and a great way to meet other parents! Our first meeting of the year is September 9 located in the Mustang Room, 2 nd floor in the Media Center. We’ll post reminders on our Facebook page, website and in a future newsletter. We hope you can join us!
Our PTA Member Hub Store is back and open for business! It makes joining PTA easier than ever and gives you more choices as to how you would like to support your PTA! Just go to