Year 2 Newsletter
Friday 5 June 2015
What have we done this week?
- Practiced rhyming and made up our own pairs of rhyming words linked to minibeasts
- Looked at good features of poetry and identified them in Minibeast poems
- Learnt (parts of) poems by heart and performed them to each other
- Made minibeasts using paper and found objects that are symmetrical and located the line of symmetry
- Learnt lots of new Minibeast facts!
- Creating descriptions of minibeasts we found outside and writing our own poem
- Making a fingerprint Minibeast picture, then writing instructions to accompany it
- Recapping the addition and subtraction using a blank number line
- Sorting and classifying minibeasts
Please remember to send in a water bottle every day.
The children are aiming for 1000 points a week on Mathletics - please encourage your child to use either RM Maths or Mathletics several times a week.