- Born in 1953 in Brooklyn, NY. She is the youngest of three girls
- Her love of reading began when she was younger. She also loved to draw, read, and make up stories.
- She went to college at Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, NY to pursue a career in fashion design.
- She took a class in college on writing and illustrating and got a contract for her first book, Amy for Short.
- She currently lives on Los Angeles, California.
- She has two cats and a dog. She also rides horses.
- If You Give a Mouse a Cookie (1985)
- If You Give a Moose a Muffin (1991)
- If You Give a Pig a Pancake (1998)
- The Best Mouse Cookie (1999)
- If You Take a Mouse to the Movies 
- If You Take a Mouse to School (2002)
- If You Give a Pig a Party (2005)
- Merry Christmas, Mouse! (2007)
- Time for School, Mouse! (2008)
- If You Give a Cat a Cupcake (2008)
- Happy Valentine's Day, Mouse! (2009)
- Happy Easter, Mouse! (2010)
- If You Give a Dog a Donut (2011)
- It's Pumpkin Day, Mouse! (2012)
- Happy Birthday, Mouse! (2012)
- If You Give a Bear a Brownie (2014)
- What Mommies Do Best/What Daddies Do Best
- What Grandmas Do Best/What Grandpas Do Best
- What Aunts Do Best/What Uncles Do Best
- What Sisters Do Best/What Brothers Do Best
- The Jellybeans and the Big Dance (Mar 1, 2008)
- The Jellybeans and the Big Book Bonanza (Mar 1, 2010)
- The Jellybeans and the Big Camp Kickoff (Mar 1, 2011)
- The Jellybeans and the Big Art Adventure (Mar 1, 2012)
- The Jellybeans Love to Dance (Mar 12, 2013)
- The Jellybeans Love to Read (Mar 11, 2014)
- Beatrice Doesn't Want to
- Sometimes I Wonder If Poodles Like Noodles
- Monster Munchies
- The Chicken Sisters
- Laura Numeroff's Ten Step Guide to Living with Your Monster
- Dogs Don't Wear Sneakers
- Chimps Don't Wear Glasses
- Two For Stew
- Why a Disguise?
- When Sheep Sleep
- Emily's Bunch (with Alice Richter)
- Amy for Short (1976)
- Does Grandma Have an Elmo Elephant Jungle Kit
- You Can't Put Braces on Spaces (with Alice Richter)
- Phoebe Dexter Has Harriet Peterson's Sniffles
- If You Give an Author a Pencil
- Sherman Crunchley (with Nate Evans)
- Her favorite possessions when she was young was her microscope, a box of 64 crayons, and her library card.
- When she was 15 she decided t o become a fashion designer.
- She loves movies. One year she saw 72 movies!
Review: If you give a mouse a cookie, you better be ready for tons of laughs. This story follows a demanding mouse through one adventure after another. He arrives with his backpack on his back and you offer him a cookie. The rest of this marvelous mousetale will have you grateful that he didn't visit your house!
Got milk? Well, this mouse requests that and more. He needs a napkin, a mirror, nail scissors, a broom, a bed, a bedtime story and the fun continues. Eventually he is reminded that he is thirsty and wants milk again. And what goes better with milk than a cookie?
Laura Joffe Numeroff has created an amusing sequence of events while the colorful artwork by Felicia Bond shows the gigantic mess this mouse causes and the numerous trials the tolerant child endures. He never denies the mouse any hospitality. The last picture speaks volumes about the exhaustion of a generous host.
I recommend this book for preschoolers, ages 3 to 5. It is sure to be a favorite story to cuddle with before bedtime!