2020-2021 September 11, 2020
From The Principal
We thank all parents for their support, positivity, and encouragement of our Collins staff. Your kind emails, TAEs, notes and social media posts truly means so very much to each and every person at Collins. I wish you could see how hard the teachers are working to provide meaningful instruction for all students while also helping to make the students feel love and care during this very different kind of school year.
Monday, September 14th
- PTO Meeting 1:15 via Zoom
Wednesday, September 16th
- Read for a Better Life
Tuesday, October 6th
- Collins Spirit Night Grub Burger (Research Forest)
Thursday, October 8th
- End of the First Grading Period
Friday, October 9th
- Teacher Staff Development Day - Student Holiday
Monday, October 12th
- Student/Staff Holiday
Tuesday, October 13th
- First Day of Second Grading Period
Friday, October 16th
- First Grading Period Report Cards available in Parent Access
Tuesday, November 3rd
- Teacher Staff Development Day - Student Holiday
Times To Remember...
- 8:50 a.m.—4:00 p.m.
- Students may enter the building by 7:35 AM (Please enter 5th grade side door)
- 5th Lunch A: 11:15 AM - 11:45 AM
- 5th Lunch B: 11:45 AM- 12:15 PM
- 6th Lunch C: 12:25 PM. - 12:55 PM
- 6th Lunch D: 12:55 PM - 1:25 PM
- 8:00 a.m.—4:30 p.m.
- 3:15 PM Calls to change transportation will end
- 3:20 PM Early check out of students will end
- 3:20 PM Cones for car rider dismissal will be set - cars for early pick up will not fit in front parking area
- 3:30 PM First Flight (10 cars) will move forward to cones
- 4:00 PM Flights 1 - 4 will be dismissed to wait at Car Cones
- Dismissed after car dismissal begins; 1. Bikers 2. More Car Flights 3. Neighborhood walkers (parents should not be parked in neighborhoods to pick up children - please use YMCA parking lot) 4. YMCA walkers (crossing guard provided for students)
What a great week we have had getting to know the students that are coming in person. We can’t wait to work with the virtual students as well.
If your child is having a concern, please remember to reach out to us. We can do phone calls with virtual students and meet with in person students.
Please see the link below to order items through Membership Toolkit. When you first get on toolkit, please remember to assign the homeroom teacher for your student(s). This will make delivery of items easier and faster. If you have any problems in Membership Toolkit, please contact the Membership Toolkit Chair at CollinsPTOToolkit@gmail.com .
PTO Meetings will be on Mondays at 1:15 p.m. on Zoom until further notice. Most meetings are on the second Monday of the month but not all, please mark your calendar and plan to attend.
- September 14, 2020
- October 5, 2020
- November 9, 2020
- December 14, 2020
- January 11, 2021
- February 8, 2021
- March 8, 2021
- April 12, 2021
- May 10, 2021
~Calling All Cobras~
~We Need your Photos~
The Yearbook Committee is looking for two different types of photos:
- A picture of your child holding an 8 x 10 piece of white paper with One of the following letters filling up the space - C, O, B, R, A, S (with or without mask)
- A picture of your child with their pet/s…could include them near their new work environment as well!
*Please submit photos to: Collinsptoyearbook@gmail.com
~Thank you, Your Collins Yearbook Committee
*Please note, there is no guarantee that all pictures submitted will be published!
In the first four days of school we processed 130 to 150 cars at our afternoon dismissal. Our parents were patient and fantastic. With or without technology we rocked our car line - completing all of those cars in about 20 to 25 minutes. A big thank you to our students and teachers in the classroom for staying focused so that students made it to their car cone in great time.
Now that we have our rhythm we will begin dismissal at 4 PM with the first three to four flights being dismissed first. Shortly after our bikers will be called - followed by more flights of cars, neighborhood walkers and YMCA walkers.
Car Riders - all "In Person" students were given two car rider signs (with/bar codes) on colorful card stock during ramp up days. Please check the back pack for those copies. If you did not receive the hard copies or the PDF version of your car sign - please check in with your child's homeroom teacher.
How will the Classroom, Lunch, Bathroom, BAMO/PE, Library, Recess areas work when we return to school... Click Here!
Items to bring, Clinic, Screening, Masks, Visitors, Checking In/Out, Deliveries, and Dismissal (Biker, Car, Walker, Bus)
Nurse Kendall Update
To ensure the health and safety of all students and staff and in accordance with recommendations and guidelines from the Texas Education Agency, all students should be screened for COVID-19 symptoms at home. Please read and answer the questions below. If you respond YES for your student on either question, please keep your student at home and notify the campus administrator or campus nurse.
1. Does your student currently have a temperature at or above 100.0 F. or any of the following symptoms that are not normal for them?
¨ YES ¨ NO
• Loss of taste or smell
• Sore throat
• Chills or shaking with chills
• Congestion or runny nose
• Significant muscle pain or body aches
• Have a new uncontrolled cough that causes difficulty breathing or for individuals with a chronic allergic/asthmatic cough, a change in your cough from baseline.
• Diarrhea, vomiting, or abdominal pain
• New onset of severe headache
• Known close contact with a person who is lab confirmed to have COVID-19
2. Are you waiting for COVID-19 test results for your student due to symptoms that began less than 10 days ago?
¨ YES ¨ NO
Health and Safety Reminders
• Keep any student who is feeling ill at home.
• Masks or face coverings help to prevent the transmission of COVID-19.
• Everyone should cover any coughs or sneezes with a tissue, throw the tissue in the trash, and immediately wash or sanitize their hands.
• Washing hands before and after eating, using the restroom, and touching high-contact objects/areas
will help reduce the spread of germs and illnesses.
• Working together, we can keep our Conroe ISD community healthy.
The Second Nine Weeks Approaching
In an effort to plan for a change in the number of "In Person" learners at Collins Intermediate, we ask that you share your upcoming plans using this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfhBVXH20FBP3XeIfmV0IShMTNM5yYf60a0RPxcLVprET1Elw/viewform?usp=sf_link
Thank you in advance for helping Collins plan for our upcoming grading period and remainder of the school year.
Remote Learning Schedule
Students who are participating in virtual learning are invited to have face to face time with their core and BAMO teachers on assigned days. You can find Zoom times and links on your teacher's CANVAS page.
At Home Learning Calendar
Some preventative medicine for parents and students:
Do you share a device with your student? Does your student share a device with a sibling? Please take a few minutes to view this video so that you can help your student prevent issues with Canvas accounts syncing to the correct Google Drive account. https://youtu.be/1luYdFli4Xs
Other helpful files and videos can be found at: www.gottasectech.com
Conroe ISD Technology Help Desk
Are You Following Us?
Collins Twitter Account
Collins Facebook Account
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner. For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.