September Book of the Month
Say Something by Peter H. Reynolds
The World Needs YOUR Voice!
Will you Say Something with your
or just by being
Our Cannon Challenge
Cannon Graffiti Wall
We are going to create a beautiful Cannon Graffiti Wall full of inspiring, kind, and beautiful words and pictures.
Kinder and First Grade Challenge
- Every Kinder and 1st grade student will get a blank index card
- Your challenge is to draw a colorful picture showing a kind action or something beautiful
Second and Third Grade Challenge
- Every 2nd and 3rd grade student will get a blank sentence strip
- Your challenge is to choose one inspirational, kind, or beautiful word
- You will write your chosen word on your sentence strip using fancy, colorful, creative letters to make word art
- look at the examples of word art below
Fourth and Fifth Grade Challenge
- Each 4th and 5th grade student will get a lined index card
- You will choose one of the following paragraph starters:
Together, we can...
I'm ready to change the world by...
- You will write a short paragraph or write a poem to show how you will Say Something to change the world and write it on your index card
- Make a colorful frame to put your index card on so it POPS on our graffiti wall. Use paper, cardboard, feathers, sequins, buttons, yarn or anything else you can think of to make your frame