~~ Bailey Tims ~~
What are quotations?
Having too may quotes is just like copying and pasting.
What, there are 2 different types of plagiarism
Examples of Intentional Plagiarism....
- Copying a friends work
- Borrowing or buying a paper
- Copying and pasting text directly into your writing
Examples of Unintentional....
- Poor Paraphrasing
- Poor citation or forgetting to cite
- Using too may quotes ( more than 50% of the paper )
How to avoid plagiarism?
- Cite or credit your source
- Paraphrase your work : Write down the information in your own words
Do you have to cite everything on your paper?
No! Facts that are widely know or information are considered "Common Knowledge"
EXAMPLE : George Washington was the first present in the U.S.A.
You also don't have to cite....
Your original ideas
EXAMPLE : When I did my science experiment I found....
How else could you use somebody else's work without plagiarizing?
What is Easy Bib?
The URL goes at the end with an angle bracket (<>)
What is citation machine?
The URL goes at the end with and angle brackets (<>)
Instead of plagiarism....
- If you use a direct quote don't make any changes.
- Give the authors name
- Explain the ideas of something you read
- Write completely in your own words
- Show that you understand the source
- CITE the source
How do I find a periodical?
- Alamedia Contrey is a library online