Accountability Project 2017
By Carla Milano - Vickery Elementary
Career Day -May 15, 2017
To provide students with an understanding of career & college choices to begin exploring in elementary school (4th and 5th grades).
Existing Data: Pre-, Post-Assessments & Student Feedback
Role of Guidance & Counseling
To present career & skill exploration classes for effective life career planning.
· Students from 4th & 5th grades participated in Career & College Club/Student Council activities during the Fall & Spring Semesters.
· The group completed research activities and gathered information based on their own likes/preferences.
· The data was analyzed and the results shared with the students.
· Overall, the numbers indicate that there was a growth and understanding among the students about colleges & careers.
· The hands-on activities provided them with an enrichment opportunity to better understand future choices in life.
· Career & College Club, Career Day and Career Interviews are activities aligned with our Campus Improvement Plan and LISD Strategic Design Goals.