Week of March 10-14,2014
Information and Reminders
- I sent home the play lines for the students who volunteered for speaking parts. Please help your child memorize his/her part at home.
- In the play all students will wear blue jeans and tennis shoes. The girls will need to wear a yellow t-shirt and the boys will need to wear a red t-shirt. Our whole class will sing "Cute Chicks".
Mar. 11- Family Literacy Night 6:00-8:00
Mar. 14- due date to return orders for artwork
Mar. 17- MAP math testing
Mar. 24- no school for students
Mar. 27- first grade play EIEIOOOOOPS at 6:30 at Wren High School Auditorium
Mar. 27- spring picture day
Story of the Week: Whistle for Willie
- Possessive pronouns (his, her, your)
- word with oo as in book, cook, foot
- recognizing cause and effect. Effect is 'what' happened and cause is 'why' it happened.
There will be a spelling and sight word test on Friday this week.
1. again 2. boy 3. nothing 4.along 5. father
6. together 7. began 8. house 9. should 10. would
We will continue practicing addition and subtraction to 10 to build speed and accuracy with math facts. The students will be given a sheet of 30 problems and timed for 2 minutes to increase speed .The class will also continue working on how to solve addition and subtraction word problems. Students will also be working on time to the hour and half hour. We have also begun to learn about solid shapes (cone, sphere, pyramid, cube, and rectagular prism).
Read the story Amazing Animals in the blue folder (Journeys Story Summaries)
Mon. - practice sheet; spelling words
Tues. - No homework due to literacy night
Thurs. - practice sheet; spelling words
Fri. - spelling and sight word test; reading response journal is due back