The Dolphin Echo
Families: Oct. 30, 2020
A Message from Principal Cooper
- This is quite a busy weekend! Today--Friday, Oct. 30 from 2-4:30 we have our drive-thru trick-or-treat event at our school. Also 5-6pm will be our literacy night (all students who attend get to pick a free book!)--here is the zoom link: Join Zoom Meeting. ID: 968 7972 3572 with a password of 231041.
- Please be safe this weekend--happy Halloween! I hope you have a good Dia de Los Muertos and don't forget to set your clocks back on Sunday!
- Thank you for taking the time to read it. If you need support with anything in this newsletter or you need help, please call our Main Office. You can also email me: email@example.com
Book Fair: Oct. 26-Nov. 8
SAVE THE DATE!
We’re having a Fall Book Fair! And it will be all online.
You’re invited to shop our Scholastic Book Fair online from Monday, October 26th through Sunday, November 8th! All purchases benefit our school and connect kids with new books, favorite characters, complete series, and more!
Enjoy these special online shopping features:
Shop for Book Fair exclusives directly from the interactive booklist
Over 6,000 items, including new releases, best sellers, and value packs
All orders ship direct to home
FREE shipping on book-only orders over $25*
Watch for more information coming home soon, including links to the online fair.
Safe Routes to School Raffle for pie!
- Thank you to all who participated in our Walk & Roll to Anywhere Day during the first week of October!
- Students participated from 22 schools countywide. We were excited to see we still had participation despite the challenges of fire evacuations, poor air quality, and a pandemic!
- This November, we are focusing on what we are grateful for during these challenging times. One thing we at Safe Routes to School (SRTS) are grateful for, is the ability to enjoy nature and the outdoors and get exercise while walking, biking, scootering, or skating - and we hope to inspire students to do the same!
- On ANY ONE DAY during the FIRST WEEK OF NOVEMBER (Nov 1st-7th), students can choose a destination to walk, bike, scooter, or skateboard to. It can be ANY destination, whether it is a local park, a store, a friend's house, or just a walk around the neighborhood and back to their home!
- Then go to www.sonomasaferoutes.org to enter a raffle for a free pie!
Kids Heart Challenge
Save the date for our upcoming assembly! Our Kids Heart Challenge program is starting soon, and we are so excited to teach our students how to have a happy and healthy heart, as well as how to help others with special hearts.
The American Heart Association will lead a livestream assembly just for our Helen Lehman Elementary students at 10am on November 6th via Zoom! I will share the Zoom link on November 2nd, so please be on the lookout for that!
To get ready, help your child sign up by downloading the FREE Kids Heart Challenge App for Apple or Android or visit http://www2.heart.org/goto/helenlehman We hope 100% of our students taking the online pledge to MOVE MORE, BE KIND, or CHOOSE WATER. Students who register before the assembly will even get a special shoutout from the American Heart Association during the live presentation! We hope your family can join the live presentation! Thank You!
We have a goal to have 150 students register and take the heart health challenge online! If we reach our goal Ms. Gerhardt will be SLIMED!!
SCHOOL CAMPUS SAFETY
As we welcome families/students to campus for our various material distribution, we'd like to remind you of a few health and safety protocols.
1. Please stay home if you or your student:
- exhibit COVID-19 symptoms (i.e. fever of 100.4°F or higher, cough, shortness of breath, the new loss of taste or smell, etc.)
- tested positive for COVID-19, and are within the 10-day isolation period
- have had close contact (longer than 15 minutes) with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days
- live or cohabitate with a person who exhibits COVID-19 symptoms or has tested positive for COVID-19
- traveled outside of the state (specifically to high-risk areas) within the past 14 days
2. While on campus, please respect social distancing of 6 feet and wear a mask at all times. We recommend sanitizing your hands prior to and after the event.
Password Hotline: 707-890-3777 If a District Chromebook is not working submit a help ticket through this link or call 707-890-3848
SCHOOL MEAL INFORMATION FOR 2020-21
Grab-and-Go Meal Bags are distributed from 11:00am - 1:00pm
5 breakfasts/5 lunches
For enrolled students
Pickup once a week
Pick up meals at any location
Elsie Allen High (599 Bellevue Ave)
Piner High (1700 Fulton Rd)
Monroe Elementary (2567 Marlow Rd)
Lincoln Elementary (850 W 9th St)
Lewis Ed Center (2230 Lomitas Ave)
Brook Hill Elementary (1850 Vallejo St)
Cook Middle (2480 Sebastopol Rd)
Barcodes speed up meal service like a library card!
Letters and emails with a unique barcode will be sent out for each enrolled student.
Bring your barcode letter or email for each enrolled student
Scan each barcode
Take your meals home!
If a student does not have a barcode, CNS staff will work with the household at the meal distribution site to serve the enrolled students.
***Additional Information on Redwood Empire Food Bank Groceries***Get the latest updates about where to get food from Redwood Empire Food Bank at https://getfood.refb.org/
Helpful Links and Videos
Videos to Help with Distance Learning
- Seesaw Log In - Sign in with Google / Balancín Iniciar sesión - Iniciar sesión con Google
- Activate the Camera in Seesaw / Activar la cámara en balancín
- Switching Between Classes on Seesaw / Cambiar entre clases en balancín
- Technology Support from District Staff / Apoyo tecnológico del personal del distrito
Resources for Families
- Integrated Wellness Center - Mental health support from Santa Rosa City Schools / Apoyo de salud mental de las escuelas de la ciudad de Santa Rosa
- SRCS Request for Therapy Support / Solicitud de SRCS de apoyo terapéutico
- Family Resources from A Healthier Generation / Recursos familiares de una generación más saludable