Academy of Environmental Sciences
Where Wonders Grow
DFES Belief Statements
- We believe that all people deserve to feel safe, valued, and loved.
- We believe all children are curious about the world around them.
- We believe that learning is a social process.
- We believe inquiry fosters an environment of noticing and questioning.
- We believe in learning through authentic primary sources.
- We believe in encouraging learners to take risks.
- We believe that reflection should lead to change and growth.
- We believe that reflection should lead to social action.
- We believe our actions should be aligned with our beliefs.
DFES Academic Goals 2014 -2015
- Increase student math achievement.
- Sustain and build upon student writing achievement.
We are seeking to accomplish these two goals by:
- Inquiring into writing engaging curriculum for and with students through environmental education (units of study)
- Inquiring into instructional strategies
School marquee goes digital!
Monday, Dec. 15th, 12:30-2:30pm
DFES Conference Room
We only ask that items brought in do not require to be kept hot or cold. Thanks!
District and School Based Committees
School Improvement Council Meeting Wednesday December 17th @ 6:00 p.m.
Cub Reporter to go home Thursday December 18th. Please send with students.
Friday, Dec. 19th, 10:30am-1:30pm
You will have a choice to pick choose 1 meat and three veggies. The menu items include:
- ham, turkey, baked chicken
- mash potatoes & gravy, corn, green beans, collards, dressing
- sweet potato pie for dessert
Sally Somerall's space has been designated for staff members to enjoy this tasty meal.