May 24, 2023
May 24, 2023
- May 25 Senior Awards Night
- May 29 Memorial Day - Schools/Offices Closed
- May 31 SCHS Graduation Day - No School for Underclassmen
- June 5 - 8 Two-hour Early Dismissal Days
- June 8 - Last Day to Pick-up Medication from School Nurse
- June 8 Last Day of School for Students
- June 10 Relay for Life for Charles County
CLASS OF 2023
Thank you to our local vendors, volunteers, and staff for making this a fun day for our seniors!
Mandatory graduation practices are scheduled for May 23 through May 25 beginning at 7:45 in the gymnasium. Practices are expected to end at 10:15. All graduating seniors must exit the building once practice has ended. Students MUST provide their own transportation home after graduation practices.
Tickets will be distributed to graduating seniors during practice on Wednesday May 24th. EVERY person, including children, needs a ticket to get into the ceremony. The program will be about 90 minutes long. Children, even babies, must have their own seat.
May 31 Graduation Day Reminders
- All graduates must be at St Charles High School by 7:45 AM on graduation day. Doors close at 8:00 AM
- Graduates will need to provide their own transportation to St. Charles High School. It is recommended that parents/guardians drop off at St. Charles and proceed to Regency Furniture Stadium to park. Stadium gates will open at 8:30 AM, thirty (30) minutes before the start of our 9:00 AM ceremony.
- Graduates will need to provide their own transportation home from Regency Furniture Stadium following graduation.
- Graduates should leave all personal items at home (i.e., cell phones, iPods, keys, makeup, etc.). Items that are confiscated will not be returned until the next school day. We will not be responsible for lost/stolen items.
- Graduates may only wear regalia that has been issued by St. Charles High School. Gowns may not be altered. Caps may be decorated.
- Please be aware that wheelchairs are not available at graduation. If members of your family need a wheelchair, please make arrangements to bring one to the ceremony.
- After graduation, graduates will be dismissed to the stadium parking lot and will meet their families in front of the stadium entrance area. It is recommended to pre-arrange a meeting location outside of the stadium. We encourage additional guests to leave after the recessional to avoid having everyone leave at the same time.
The following items are NOT allowed in the stadium and will be confiscated:
Air horns, noisemakers, confetti, balloons, large signs, coolers, umbrellas, and other potentially disruptive items. The use or possession of these items could warrant removal by staff or security personnel.
Nevaeh Leftwich - Charles County Association of Student Council President
On Wednesday, May 17th during the CCASC meeting at Thomas Stone, Junior Nevaeh Leftwich was elected as President of the County Student Government Association for the 2023-2024 school year. Also elected, but not pictured, was SCHS Junior Sydney Gunther to the position of Vice President.
If your student has any medications in the health room, they need to be Picked up by 6/8/23 by 2pm. A parent or guardian will need to pick them up. If you are unable to do this and need to make special arrangements, please contact the school nurse. If no arrangements are made and medications are left after the last day of school, the medications will be destroyed and properly disposed of.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN?
- Networking: Get connected with parents, teachers, students and community members to be an advocate for your scholar.
- Stay in the Know: Stay up to date on the latest news, events and activities for your scholar's grade level and beyond.
- Get involved: Look for ways to get involved, boost participation and build positive synergy around St Charles High School!
To join PSTO please complete the form below. If you have questions or need more information, please contact us at PTSO.SCHS@gmail.com.
JROTC Cadet Leadership Course
North Point High School JROTC will hold their annual JROTC Cadet Leadership Course (CLC) from 26-30 June 2023. CLC is an introductory JROTC program designed to give students a sampling of JROTC activities and a jump-start on the school year. The program is open to all in-coming high school students, but is highly recommended for students who are considering taking JROTC in the coming school year. A typical day will include light physical fitness, drill and ceremony, and classroom instruction on topics such as leadership fundamentals, goal setting, time management, and being a successful student. Field trips are also a big part of the program and will be scheduled throughout the week. The training will start each morning at 7:30 am and end at 4:00 pm. Optional gym time or group activity time will be available 4:00 to 6:00 pm. Instructors will be on-site for drop-off as early as 6:00 am each morning. The cost for CLC is $150.00 per cadet. This fee covers lunch and a snack each day, CLC uniform items, and field trip transportation. Transportation to and from NPHS is the responsibility of the parent/guardian. Space is limited (first-come-first-serve), so get your spot reserved as soon as possible, no later than 5 June 2023. Contact Lt Col Jonathan Brown, North Point JROTC program, for registration forms and additional details (firstname.lastname@example.org/301-934-7482).
- Registration for the St. Charles Athletic Department's Annual Golf Tournament to support the CPL Patrick "PJ" Mann Athletic Scholarship Fund is now open! See the flyer for more information or click here to complete registration form. The tournament will be on August 18, 2023. There will be a raffle, silent auction, door prizes, and luncheon after all golfers finish the course.
Meet our counseling center staff and view more information on the services available by visiting our school website, click here.
College and Career Center
The College & Career Center provides students the opportunity to research information about careers, colleges, universities, technical/trade/career schools, apprenticeship programs, military service, financial aid, scholarships, volunteer opportunities, and job opportunities. For additional information click here or stop by and speak with Mrs. Malherek, College and Career Advisor.
Early Dismissal: If a birth parent or legal guardian (appointed by the courts) is sending someone to pick up his/her child early from school for any reason, he/she must send a written note/email indicating who will be picking up the student and giving consent. Upon receiving the note from the birth parent or legal guardian, the school will then verify its authenticity and check ID of the adult who signs the student out of the building (see the St Charles High School Student Handbook, pg. 12)
Emergency Contact: Listing an emergency contact does not allow the individual to pick up a student at any given time in a non-emergency situation without prior written authorization from the birth parent/legal guardian (per the Charles County Public Schools Handbook: Emergency Card (2022-2023) Maria V. Navarro, Ed.D. Superintendent of Schools, pg. 2).
- Deliveries for students are prohibited. Per the county's parent handbook, students are not allowed to receive outside food deliveries. Deliveries from Grub Hub, Door Dash, Uber Eats, Food Scooter, etc. Food deliveries of any kind will be turned away by our main office staff. Deliveries of balloons, cakes, flowers, etc. for students will be stored in the main office until dismissal.
- Free Breakfast is available for all students each school day from 7:10-7:25 am. MyPaymentsPlus is available to monitor your student's lunch account balance and spending.
- CCPS 24-hour information line is available 301-934-7410 or 301-392-6656, or website at www.ccboe.com. for school closing information.
- The Attendance Secretary is not responsible for robocalls. They are auto-generated and go out for excused and unexcused absences.
- To check your student's absences, go to ParentVUE and look under "Attendance". If your student is marked absent, and you know they are present, please reach out to the teacher directly in ParentVUE.
- Students are only allowed 4.5 absences for extracurricular eligibility each quarter. If absent, they need to bring a note from a parent, doctor, etc. in a timely manner.
- Attendance notes need to be submitted within 5 days of absence to be excused.
- Please clearly print the student's FIRST and LAST name, student ID number, and include the dates absent. All notes must have a parent's signature.
- Requests for administrative approval of absences must be sent to the respective grade level administrator at least 2 weeks in advance.