Smart Start: Cancelled for 2020
Show that "Smart Style" by staying informed!
Smart Start is cancelled this year
All the follow details about the below will come soon.
- Pay any past due fines ( see below for details)
- Pick up your child's schedule and books
- Get your child's locker assignment and combination
- Pick up/ order Smart Spirit wear (see more information below)
- Sign up for Smart PTSA in person (or visit the PTSA website to sign up online)
- Get information on Smart sports and and other school activities (see below for details)
- Turn in student medications and turn in medication forms ( see below for details)
- Order Smart spirit wear (see below for details)
The Back to School Family Access packet is now available to complete online.
Parents must complete the Skyward Family Access Back to School packet ONLINE prior to Smart Start. Visit the Skyward Back to School website complete the process.
If the online process is not completed prior to Smart Start or if you are having difficulties with the process, we will have teachers available at Smart Start to help you complete it in our computer lab. Once completed, families will be able to participate in the Smart Start activities.
When you come to Smart Start....
- Please enter through the MAIN LOBBY doors (nearest the flag poles)
- Please come with your student. Students must come with a parent or guardian to participate.
- Be sure to have completed the Skyward Back to School packet online. If you haven't you will need to do so in our computer lab before getting started today.
- Be prepared to pay any past due fines if you have any.
- You will form three lines by alphabet upon entering the building to help us serve you better. The alphabet breakdown lines are A-G, H-M, and N-Z
Student schedule pick up
- Schedules can be picked up in the main gym upon entering Smart Start
- Parents and guardians must have completed the Skyward Back to School packet online and have it verified upon arriving at Smart Start in order to pick up schedules.
- When you pick up your student's schedule, please check to see that they have a class listed for every hour and both semesters.
- Our classes have been carefully balanced and changes will not be permitted at this time. Changes will only be made if there is an error or omission.
Fee Payments in room 201: PAST due fees, Pay to Participate and athletic passes
- All past due fees must be PAID in order to participate in Smart Start.
- Fees can be paid online prior to Smart Start on the new eFunds website or can be paid the morning of Smart Start at the fee station in Room 201
- Pay to Participate fees can also be paid at Smart Start. Football can pay immediately and all other sports must pay the fee with the Pay to Participate form once the season begins.
- No MIDDLE SCHOOL athletic passes this year. New this year, there is no charge to attend middle school athletics, thus no passes are needed to attend any middle school event. Attendance fees are only at the high school level.
Student medications at Smart
- For students who need to take medications at Smart Start, parents may bring the medications and the Walled Lake Schools student medication form to Smart Start.
- Please Download the Authorization to administer medication form regarding medications. ALL forms must be signed by a doctor, regardless of the medication (over the counter, prescription, inhalers, etc.)
- IMPORTANT: For safety and confidential reasons, medications and forms must be turned in together. We can't accept medications without forms and vice versa.
- If you don't have these materials ready at Smart Start, you may turn them into the Smart office anytime after Smart Start.
Student Portraits by Lifetouch
Please have students come dressed in clothes that they would want for their school pictures (not dance/ athletics uniforms, etc.)
Portraits can be purchased in the following ways:
- online as part of the back to school Skyward packet. Use the picture ID ode LM729036Y0
- purchase online go to https://my.lifetouch.com/mylifetouch/#/ and use the picture ID code LM729036Y0
- Bring in the completed form sent to you from Lifetouch to Smart Start
- Complete a picture form and order pictures while at Smart Start.
6th grade Orchestra information at Smart Start
They will be available from 8 am -4pm
Smart Fall Athletics and athletic physical forms
Just as a reminder: Before school is a great time to get a sports physical for the 2020-2021 school year. All students must have a physical in file to participate and try out.
A copy of the sports physical form is available HERE
for the rest of the year!